What's new

Asus 86u (ExpressVpn) and Merlin 384.7.2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Set it to "no" and turn off the vpn client, does your laptop have internet?

Ok! Excellent. Are you paying for the vpn service? Set the vpn client to defaults. Import your generated config from your vpn provider. Use the least amount of settings to get this to work.

I noticed your encryption strength was quite high. Usually you want minimal encryption to accommodate video and audio needs. Get the vpn up with basic settings. Add the laptop policy rule with the block setting set to "no " at first.

its set to yes
Need help with traditional QoS, I want to know exactly how prioritize my game packets on traditional QoS specifically in the section ‘User Defined QoS Rules’. Can’t use Adaptive QoS since Adaptive QoS won’t identify them, the game is Black Ops 4. I use Merlin Firmware (384.7_2) and have an 86u.

I noticed your encryption strength was quite high. Usually you want minimal encryption to accommodate video and audio needs. Get the vpn up with basic settings. Add the laptop policy rule with the block setting set to "no " at first.

Bingo!! After setting to default and redoing the setup,everything is working. Even the killswitch set to on and off works.

Wonder why it didn't take the first time? Anyways all is good now an I appreciate the help.:D

Attachments

• 5.PNG
    5.PNG
    14.7 KB · Views: 468
  • 7.PNG
    7.PNG
    52.7 KB · Views: 435
Be careful what you do with your VPN. My bank won't accept a connection through a VPN so it's useless to me. They are great for encrypting your data, but they have been proven to give up your info to law enforcement.

Make sure that “Automatic start at boot time” is set to Yes as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok guys,instead of making another thread...I have another issue.

Ive noticed that my speeds have dropped from around 400 Mbps/wifi and 800 Mbps/wired to 60 Mbps/wifi and 200 Mbps/wired when VPN is on. Is this a normal thing or is there anothing setting I need to tweak?

I am using Adaptive QOS.

Ok guys,instead of making another thread...I have another issue.

Ive noticed that my speeds have dropped from around 400 Mbps/wifi and 800 Mbps/wired to 60 Mbps/wifi and 200 Mbps/wired when VPN is on. Is this a normal thing or is there anothing setting I need to tweak?

I am using Adaptive QOS.

200 Mbps is the best this CPU can do with VPN encryption.

just a quickie question without posting a new thread, if i may.

will the expressvpn app for the ac87u work on my ac86u using its stock merlin code? my suspicion is NO but i just thought i'd ask.

just a quickie question without posting a new thread, if i may.

will the expressvpn app for the ac87u work on my ac86u using its stock merlin code? my suspicion is NO but i just thought i'd ask.

I assume their "app" is actually a customized firmware. You cannot use the RT-AC87U firmware on an RT-AC86U, they are completely different hardware.

yep, thought as much.
thanks for confirming
:)