What's new

ASUS ac3200 question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Warsong40

New Around Here
Hello Merlin,

Got a question for you. I just purchased a new ac3200 as amazon said it supported Mesh.. well I got it and no mesh support. I did see the snb post that the router will never get it. My question to you is , do you have firmware that enables the mesh mode?

Thank you

If stock Asus firmware doesn't include one of their own features that newer/later models have, chances are that RMerlin firmware won't have it either.

(Btw, the name is RMerlin, not Merlin and if you want to get the person's attention, do it like so; @Warsong40). :)

Merlin's firmware is no different from Asus' when it comes to AiMesh support.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/b...4-13-beta-is-now-available.57765/#post-506301
Note that AiMesh can sometimes be less stable than using a plain router + access point or repeater configuration. AiMesh implementation being closed source, there is nothing that can be done about that on my end. This also means that there are zero chances of adding support to unsupported models such as the RT-AC87U or RT-AC3200, or enhancing/implementing additional features specific to AiMesh. Only Asus can technically do that, since any change has to be made within components for which I don't have access to the source code.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!