What's new

Asus AC3200 - Which Antenna are 2.4ghz and which are 5ghz?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

spy109

New Around Here
I have checked the manual and looked all over for this answer but cannot find it. Maybe I am blind. Does anyone know which of the three antenna are 2.4ghz supporting and which are 5ghz? I am fairly sure that three of the antenna are 2.4ghz I just do not know which ones.

Thank you

They are multi-band antennas. (2.4ghz + 5ghz)

Thanks for your reply and yes I understand why you would think 2.4ghz + 5ghz is covered by all antenna. However, I found a manual that covered the supported bands by the antenna's along with the gain etc etc
--
http://www.wilsoncommunications.us/wp-content/uploads/PDFs-Documents/ac3200_User_Guide.pdf
--
Go to Page 124
--
This gives the impression specifically 3 Antenna cover the 2.4ghz / Band 1 5ghz/ Band 4 5ghz and the other 3 Antenna cover only Band 4 5ghz.

Hi, although I can not be 100% sure, I am quite convinced that the 3 left (looking at the router by its front view, i.e the ones closer to the power connector) are the 'shared' antennas for the 2.4 and 5ghz(1)-low bands. I did some range tests last year by swapping antennas with 7dbi ones and that is the conclussion I reached.

Hi, although I can not be 100% sure, I am quite convinced that the 3 left (looking at the router by its front view, i.e the ones closer to the power connector) are the 'shared' antennas for the 2.4 and 5ghz(1)-low bands. I did some range tests last year by swapping antennas with 7dbi ones and that is the conclussion I reached.

Thank you FTC I believe that is a pretty good conclusion because when I use high gain antenna on those three I do see an improvement with 2.4ghz and appears to be no change with the BAND 4 5Ghz which is my desired result.

Looking at the circuit board here you can clearly see the 2.4GHz chips on the left hand side (as viewed from the front of the device). You can then trace the antenna wires to the sockets on the left (yellow), rear left (white) and rear second-from-right (green). Or, if you're counting clockwise from above, positions 1, 2 and 4.

Looking at the circuit board here you can clearly see the 2.4GHz chips on the left hand side (as viewed from the front of the device). You can then trace the antenna wires to the sockets on the left (yellow), rear left (white) and rear second-from-right (green). Or, if you're counting clockwise from above, positions 1, 2 and 4.

Thank you for the info and the Link. That answers all questions. I hate I couldn't find that in my searching.

Thanks for your reply and yes I understand why you would think 2.4ghz + 5ghz is covered by all antenna. However, I found a manual that covered the supported bands by the antenna's along with the gain etc etc
--
http://www.wilsoncommunications.us/wp-content/uploads/PDFs-Documents/ac3200_User_Guide.pdf
--
Go to Page 124
--
This gives the impression specifically 3 Antenna cover the 2.4ghz / Band 1 5ghz/ Band 4 5ghz and the other 3 Antenna cover only Band 4 5ghz.

Since all of these links are dead -- can I confirm that the attached photo is accurate?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!