What's new

Asus AC5300 QOS , loss of serious bandwidth

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

citation10

Occasional Visitor
Hey all ! I have a RT-AC5300 Merlin FW and I need to enable Bandwidth Limiter to 20mbps / 20mbps . Once I do this my 1 gig fiber speeds drop to about 300mbps .

I also have a GT5300 ( Raptor 4 core ) and does the same thing .

Is there something I can do ?

There isnt a spot to enable / disable .. However when I was testing just now I can see when I enable QOS the Hardware Acceleration is Disabled .
when I disable QOS and reboot it goes to enabled . It looks to be automatic .
None the less , after verifying it is disabled and QOS on , I still lose 700meg in bandwidth , so thats not the solution .

after verifying it is disabled and QOS on , I still lose 700meg in bandwidth , so thats not the solution .
Correct. It is the CAUSE of losing throughput. You cannot use Traditional QoS or Bandwidth Limiter and still keep HW Acceleration. Only Adaptive QoS works with HW Acceleration.

Okay so , with bandwidth limiter enabled and HW acceleration disabled I get 300mbps speed . Is there a way to have my full normal bandwidth with bandwidth limiter on ?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!