What's new

Release Asus AC86U New Firmware - 3.0.0.4.386_40451-g30f1b6c

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

i have this fw version and this is a new router for me.
With an old extender that i have i can go to my epson printer and start scanning from the machine directly to the computer because the printer shows the list of my pcs on the machine
However with this router i cant find any device on the list!!
The router is in AP mode(wired) and with different ssid than the main router.
I think there is a problem with the discovery of pcs but it does not use WSD (Web Services on Devices) with this router. Printing from pc works fine because its tcp ip

i have a wsd option and it says no pc found and if i went to document pro it found with the old extender. (on machine)

anyone with same issue?

Last edited:
i have this fw version and this is a new router for me.
With an old extender that i have i can go to my epson printer and start scanning from the machine directly to the computer because the printer shows the list of my pcs on the machine
I think there is a problem with the discovery of pcs but it does not use WSD (Web Services on Devices) with this router. Printing from pc works fine because its tcp ip

i have a wsd option and it says no pc found and if i went to document pro it found with the old extender. (on machine)

anyone with same issue?
i'm a bit confused but i'll give it a shot.

describe this extender and is the printer directly connected to it? keep in mind u have a network map capability on the ac86u.

the ac86u should show all devices directly attached. you may have to perform the "hard" reset.

consider the ac86u's default mode and see it that helps

all transmission these devices do these days is tcp/ip. sure there's bt and nfc but if you're networking it's gonna be tcp/ip unless i've missed something huge over the last 4 years.

??

Installed the newest update stock firmware ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.41634

Uptime0 days 23 hour(s) 1 minute(s) 39 seconds

No problems so far. Heck the Traffic Analyzer even works now.

I had to move over to Merlin f/w. This caused both my radios to be flaky, web pages wouldn't load properly and apps wouldn't open properly on my phone.

No mesh.
WiFi.
No idea what band they dropped from, they have access to both so whatever they were connected to at that time.
One SSID for 2.4 and 5 & one SSID for the guest 2.4 only. Clients that dropped were from main, not guest.
@ATLga - Did you ever find a solution? I have an RT-AX92U that is having the exact same issues that you had. Thanks!

Anyone know or notice AsusWRT page for AC86U no longer listed the 3.0.0.4.386.41634 firmware? But the AC86U router kept notifying the 3.0.0.4.386.41634 is the latest firmware to update as of today.

I have AX86U as AiMesh router and AC86U as AiMesh node,,,both are reliable, working great no issue and are on latest AsusWRT firmware.

Anyone know or notice AsusWRT page for AC86U no longer listed the 3.0.0.4.386.41634 firmware? But the AC86U router kept notifying the 3.0.0.4.386.41634 is the latest firmware to update as of today.

I have AX86U as AiMesh router and AC86U as AiMesh node,,,both are reliable, working great no issue and are on latest AsusWRT firmware.
asus removed it a couple of days ago. I didn't try it personally but from what I read here it seems like it had problems related to heat and other vulnerability issues that required a quick beta release to fix them.

asus removed it a couple of days ago. I didn't try it personally but from what I read here it seems like it had problems related to heat and other vulnerability issues that required a quick beta release to fix them.
Thank you! since it is being used on my AiMesh node, not Internet front facing so I guess I would leave it as is until the beta firmware becomes official release for AsusWRT AC86U. (beside there are only 9 clients connected to this AiMesh node...it should be alright to wait until next fw release)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!