What's new

Asus AC86U not mesh client, can't update it's ip

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sidlauskas

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

I have 2xAC86U routers connected over the cable with AiMesh turned on and there's a problem that it constantly drops WiFi connection for various devices. When the connection is dropped I see this message in the logs `not mesh client, can't update it's ip`.

Guest network and Traffic analyzer are disabled. Firmware version on both routers is 3.0.0.4.386_46092

Any ideas how to fix it?

Last edited:
I've seen this happening when you have Wireless Bridge(s) in your LAN, not necessarily Asus. I haven't noticed any ill effects though. There is a newer firmware for AC86U - 386_48260 released shortly after 386_46092. It perhaps contains some quick fixes to the previous one.

I've seen this happening when you have Wireless Bridge(s) in your LAN, not necessarily Asus. I haven't noticed any ill effects though. There is a newer firmware for AC86U - 386_48260 released shortly after 386_46092. It perhaps contains some quick fixes to the previous one.
I updated both routers to the latest version but it's still happening. Very frustrating.

I guess it could be somehow related to DHCP lease since I get the same message when I try to Renew DHCP Lease manually from my MacBook. I also found it occurs on Apple devices mostly.

I have this issue all the time with some devices, especially when they are not in use? Anyway i dont see any ill effects on my usage so i will juat leave alone for now

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!