Asus AC86U not mesh client, can't update it's ip

sidlauskas

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

I have 2xAC86U routers connected over the cable with AiMesh turned on and there's a problem that it constantly drops WiFi connection for various devices. When the connection is dropped I see this message in the logs `not mesh client, can't update it's ip`.

Guest network and Traffic analyzer are disabled. Firmware version on both routers is 3.0.0.4.386_46092

Any ideas how to fix it?

Last edited:

Tech9

Part of the Furniture
I've seen this happening when you have Wireless Bridge(s) in your LAN, not necessarily Asus. I haven't noticed any ill effects though. There is a newer firmware for AC86U - 386_48260 released shortly after 386_46092. It perhaps contains some quick fixes to the previous one.

sidlauskas

Occasional Visitor
I've seen this happening when you have Wireless Bridge(s) in your LAN, not necessarily Asus. I haven't noticed any ill effects though. There is a newer firmware for AC86U - 386_48260 released shortly after 386_46092. It perhaps contains some quick fixes to the previous one.
I updated both routers to the latest version but it's still happening. Very frustrating.

I guess it could be somehow related to DHCP lease since I get the same message when I try to Renew DHCP Lease manually from my MacBook. I also found it occurs on Apple devices mostly.

keefrto

Regular Contributor
I have this issue all the time with some devices, especially when they are not in use? Anyway i dont see any ill effects on my usage so i will juat leave alone for now

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!