What's new

Asus AC87U with latest 380.61, QOS not working on all clients consistently.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Richard Choo

New Around Here
Hi I have the latest Merlin 380.61 firmware installed and although QOS Bandwidth limiter (SFQ) is working for many clients it seems my daughter has been able to download 800MB an hour of youtube videos when I have limited her to 0.5Mb download? in theory she should only be able to download a max 225MB an hour and not sure how this could happen. I am on a capped 4g connection and the kids can burn through that allowance pretty easily so need to limit them. It does seem to limit other devices and even my daughter said that she no longer needed to change the video quality down to 144 as it was doing it automatically so it has been limiting her connection some of the time, at least thats what I believe but the Traffic Analysis seems to tally up with the total bandwidth used. I have not tried codel or fq_codel and will try them over the coming days but I have had to block Youtube traffic until I can find a suitable solution. I thank you in advance for any assistance and look forward to any assistance that can be provided.

RC

I believe you should be using the "Bandwidth limiter" option, not "Traditional QOS".

Sorry I probably should have been clearer but I am using Bandwidth limiter with the SFQ option and to clarify does seem to work when I monitor it allowing 700-800mb bursts only.