What's new

Asus AC88u 5ghz dont work

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lfclopov

New Around Here
Hi, have an Asus AC88u where 5ghz behaves strangely, it says wifi 5ghz transmits in wep encryption. But I have put wpa2 in the menu but it still broadcasts in wep, have reset and tested merlin and original software (and openwrt) still the same problem

Hi, have an Asus AC88u where 5ghz behaves strangely, it says wifi 5ghz transmits in wep encryption. But I have put wpa2 in the menu but it still broadcasts in wep, have reset and tested merlin and original software (and openwrt) still the same problem

Radio is probably burned out. When did this start - or did you buy a used router?

What are you using that tells you it is WEP? Does your WPA2 PSK work to connect to the radio? It may be the software you're using is reporting incorrectly.

Its a used router i bought, when i try to connect with my iphone/macbook it is sayn that it is a wep protocol and that is not save and so on. i think it is burned out , i was hoping it would be some software bug or something else that had solved the same problem the problem is only on 5ghz on 2.4 it all good

Its a used router i bought, when i try to connect with my iphone/macbook it is sayn that it is a wep protocol and that is not save and so on. i think it is burned out , i was hoping it would be some software bug or something else that had solved the same problem the problem is only on 5ghz on 2.4 it all good

Yeah assuming you did a factory reset using WPS and reconfigured from scratch, the only explanation I can think is a fried radio.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!