What's new

Asus AiMesh Offline

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cyclone3211

New Around Here
My AiMesh system has two RT-AC86Us with one as router and second as node.

AiMesh setup was simple, discovery of the node the same, unit for the node shown strong WiFi signal. After the search for the node, which was discovered, made part of the AiMesh system, as soon as that was done, the node went Offline.

Need suggestions to get the node back Online?

My AiMesh system has two RT-AC86Us with one as router and second as node.

AiMesh setup was simple, discovery of the node the same, unit for the node shown strong WiFi signal. After the search for the node, which was discovered, made part of the AiMesh system, as soon as that was done, the node went Offline.

Need suggestions to get the node back Online?

This is how I do it.

OE

Details matter, no need to touch a thing. :)

Details matter, no need to touch a thing. :)

This "easy setup" is longer than some pfSense VPN selective routing tutorials. :)

Shouldn't it be working fine with just few clicks in the router's WebUI, as ASUS describes the process?

Easy, is a relative term. Details can be skipped, but they can't be filled in. Particularly when someone is doing it for the first time. :)

You have to shorten this a bit, Ozark. It's a scary long "easy setup". :)

It's my notes. Feel free to use your own. :)

The forum character limit has been pruning it to the bare minimum for quite awhile now. If it's still noted, it's worth noting.

OE

The very fact that an additional set of notes/guides was created is enough reason to doubt the effectiveness of the 'official' guide. To recreate the wheel is not helpful, granted. To make that original wheel more round is. :)

About 3/4 of the notes are not AiMesh related, but describe personal router setup preferences, including W-position antennae that may not be a good advice in all cases. What is AiMesh related basically duplicates the official installation guide, pictures described with words. This is why my question is what's the difference? What is making the wheel more round and why is this offered to every new SNB member with AiMesh questions? Ozark notes are actually better in case someone wants Router setup advice, not AiMesh in particular.

Last edited:
I don't understand your obtuse inability to understand what people are saying in plain language?

Some guides work for some, different guides work for others. Whether you understand the differences or not is irrelevant. Let people help how they can, rather than randomly trying to undermine their efforts with your own insecurities.

About 3/4 of the notes are not AiMesh related, but describe personal router setup preferences, including W-position antennae that may not be a good advice in all cases. What is AiMesh related basically duplicates the official installation guide, pictures described with words. This is why my question is what's the difference? What is making the wheel more round and why is this offered to every new SNB member with AiMesh questions?

It's only offered to those who appear to be new users for whom it might benefit their troubleshooting and to save asking a bunch of questions or making a bunch of suggestions. I trust the user to decide for themselves what information is new, relevant, and helpful.

The OP is trying to install a 2xRT-AC86U AiMesh. My notes are how I installed a 2xRT-AC86U AiMesh with a minimal working configuration. Feel free to offer the OP your assistance however you see fit.

OE

I don't understand your obtuse inability to understand what people are saying in plain language?
Refrain from personal attacks or you will be temporarily banned.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!