What's new

Asus AX-58 shows no internet connection, but internet works?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Smiles

New Around Here
My Asus AX-58 shows no internet connection since Merlin update 386.4.0 update. But the internet works perfect cable as well wifi? When downgrading back to the lower version Merlin 386.3.2 everything shows ok "internet connected". I would like to know of more people have this small issue.

Attachments

• Asus internet.jpg
    Asus internet.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 115
My Asus AX-58 shows no internet connection since Merlin update 386.4.0 update. But the internet works perfect cable as well wifi? When downgrading back to the lower version Merlin 386.3.2 everything shows ok "internet connected". I would like to know of more people have this small issue.
Use 386.5_2 or Asus firmware

It's just whatever connectivity check domain not being resolved to turn the LED another color or indicate connected in the GUI.

More detail if you wish. The discussion started in the 386.4 Beta release topic with an explanation about this issue from RMerlin here. The resolution, as ColinTaylor showed above, is in defining dns_probe_host to some hostname and dns_probe_content to its matching IP address. Once you save the values, 'DNS Query' (aka dns_probe) can be unchecked, if my RT-AX58U firmware (386.5_2) is any indication.

Reactions: Gar