What's new

Asus AX3000 giving half speeds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

emzee

New Around Here
Tried upgrading our old router to the Asus RT-AZ3000 router, and we're only getting half speeds.

Plugged directly into the modem I get speeds of about 230 Mbps. With the router via Ethernet or WiFi it's capped at about 90. On two PCs and two cell phones. All the same.

I don't see any odd settings, QoS is turned off, i don't see any hardware accelerator to turn off.

Under general settings and status though... it says:

Ethernet Ports
WAN 100 Mbps
LAN1 100 Mbps

Does that mean that I'm capped?? There's no way right? I'm obviously doing something wrong?

Oh man I feel like an idiot. I was just using whatever cable I had been using and switched it with the one that came in the box and it's so much better now.

Thank you so much for making this a super easy fix.

Your WAN connection should be 1000 Mbps not 100 Mbps. Replace the Ethernet cable with a known good one.

This is likely wrong as well. Does the device plugged into the LAN port have a gigabit network adapter?

I'm gonna go with no? It's an older that's plugged in.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!