What's new

Asus Ax56U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

But what a great idiom for what Asus said in the linked thread: sacudiram a água do capote

If the router doesn't offer the Meo profile then it means it's not supported by that model. Not all models do.

You will have to contact Asus's tech support about this, there's nothing we can do to help you.
Thanks for your help
The Asus tech don't help me
But Thanks a lot for your time

My only hope it's merlin fix that bug or make a tweat to the router .... Because asus don't care
i'ts sad but i'ts the reality

@RMerlin you can get from another router this config Please ??
My Rt-ac68u broke and workded very good but in this moment the a best a can find it's this Ax56U
Thanks a lot for your time

Because my carrier is not the MEO, but I will try to help you. then that was true, asus just removed the MEO configuration file on the HND models.

First of all, can you access the Internet? I guess you can.

Login your router, go to "Configurações avançadas -- LAN -- IPTV"

And set it like the screenshot:
1.png

Internet VID 10
LAN 4 VID 12
UDP Proxy enable, port 5070 (However, may not need to be set the proxy because the old configuration in the source code did not set it.)

I hope it works, and if it doesn't work, I suggest you contact your carrier as only they know the correct VID. this is also their responsibility.

You can try searching for your carrier support information as they tell you how to set it up.

Some useful reference information:
https://forum.meo.pt/tv-e-pacotes-9...b-motorola-2262-esl-no-router-asus-n55u-28353
https://forum.meo.pt/internet-fixa-e-movel-11/tutorial-sistema-de-router-duplo-com-ou-sem-tv-27387
https://forum.meo.pt/internet-fixa-e-movel-11/router-asus-meo-jogos-e-ipv6-69346

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your help !! I Do it this method but doesn't work
Can you access the Internet? If not, you may need to check your modem. and have you tried to contact your carrier because the internet information may be outdated, the MEO may have changed the VID, and only they know the real VID, you need to contact them and they will provide you with technical support for free.

Last edited:
i contact my provider but they said doesn't no the port ....
in this moment i'm in bridge mode from the router operator

i contact my provider but they said doesn't no the port ....
in this moment i'm in bridge mode from the router operator
Sorry didn't help you.

I checked the source code again and I am pretty sure your old 68u router is using port 4 VID 12 for IPTV. but, the source code shows that the VID of the Internet is also 12.

So can you try it again?
Internet VID: 12
Port 4 VID: 12
Do not set any proxy

Don't forget that the WAN set to get the IP automatically.

Hope it works.

I suggest that you do not ask about the port on the phone, because usually the ability of the customer service staff is really limited, and they may don’t understand what is the port. You just need to ask them to send a professional to your house to help you solve the problem of Internet and IPTV.

Edit: I'm more certain that both need to be VID 12, look at this thread.
And, just looking at this help document, there is a setting that interests me. Have you tried turning on "Special Requirement from ISP" in WAN settings?

A same thread in this forum. it may not help, but Merlin explained why he couldn't help you.

Last edited:
unfortunately don't Work i see this theard yet
If you put 12 in the Internet VID work the wan port to ont but if you put 12 in other port lan the wireless doesen't work and some ports don't work
Only i can put work ont to router with internet vid 12
My provider gime me the router and tell me they don't have fault if i want to work with another router.... In my old ac68U i don't need nothing of my provider the television work ...all work except the phone and i bought cisco spa 112 to configure external voip
Thanks a lot For Your Time

unfortunately don't Work i see this theard yet
If you put 12 in the Internet VID work the wan port to ont but if you put 12 in other port lan the wireless doesen't work and some ports don't work
Only i can put work ont to router with internet vid 12
My provider gime me the router and tell me they don't have fault if i want to work with another router.... In my old ac68U i don't need nothing of my provider the television work ...all work except the phone and i bought cisco spa 112 to configure external voip
Thanks a lot For Your Time
Sorry that didn't help you, if the VID 12 make the internet work, have you tried setting LAN port 4 to VID 10.

You can also try to contact Asus local customer service.

I hope they can help you, sorry.

Thanks a lot for try to help me and for your time !!!
Asus customer don't care about ... it's sad but it's the true

Hi

I will post the mail of suport asus send me
Doesn't Work
But to have any ideia
Thanks to all

Attachments

• asus 1.jpg
    asus 1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 155
  • asus 2.jpg
    asus 2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 170
  • asus 3.jpg
    asus 3.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 158
  • asus 4.jpg
    asus 4.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 142
  • asus 5.jpg
    asus 5.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 160
Thanks a lot for try to help me and for your time !!!
Asus customer don't care about ... it's sad but it's the true
You're welcome, and I just found some unique features (meoVoda & movistarTriple) in 68u, I'm not sure if it works, maybe you can enable it on your ax56u.

Enable SSH LAN only on the router, and then login to the router using an SSH client such as putty.

Enter it in the SSH client:
Code:
echo "$(nvram get rc_support)" >> /jffs/backupsettings && nvram set rc_support="$(nvram get rc_support) meoVoda movistarTriple" && nvram commit && reboot
If you can see the meo in the IPTV page after restart, that's fine. if not, use this command to revert the changes.
Code:
nvram set rc_support="$(cat /jffs/backupsettings)" && nvram commit && rm -f /jffs/backupsettings && reboot
When you finished that don't forget to DISABLE SSH.

Learn more: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac86u-movistar-triple-play.49915/

Last edited:
You're welcome, and I just found some unique features (meoVoda & movistarTriple) in 68u, I'm not sure if it works, maybe you can enable it on your ax56u.

Enable SSH LAN only on the router, and then login to the router using an SSH client such as putty.

Enter it in the SSH client:
Code:
echo "$(nvram get rc_support)" >> /jffs/backupsettings && nvram set rc_support="$(nvram get rc_support) meoVoda movistarTriple" && nvram commit && reboot
If you can see the meo in the IPTV page after restart, that's fine. if not, use this command to revert the changes.
Code:
nvram set rc_support="$(cat /jffs/backupsettings)" && nvram commit && rm -f /jffs/backupsettings && reboot
When you finished that don't forget to DISABLE SSH.

Learn more: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac86u-movistar-triple-play.49915/

Thanks a lot for the help and time,
But unfortunately the code doesn't work
i put like you said but don't turn on the MEO provider in the iptv

Thanks a lot for the help and time,
But unfortunately the code doesn't work
i put like you said but don't turn on the MEO provider in the iptv
So you see the meo on your router, but can't set it, right? if so, the command works, but because the meo is not compiled into the firmware, so you cannot enable it.

I'm sorry it doesn't work, please remember to revert all changes with another code.

Unfortunately does not recognize But thank you very much for all the availability and help I will wait for the merlin or asus system to find a solution Thank you