What's new

Asus ct8 zenwifi dedicated backhaul set to wired but showing up as wireless?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

markm75

Occasional Visitor
I've got the ct8 , two modules, the mesh unit on wired (into wan port). It shows as gig ethernet wired backhaul but the system in the web or mobile interface says wireless backhaul and dual mode is enabled not triband. So i think im losing throughput as a result.

On mobile i can toggle it off but it doesnt give me an option to apply.

Im running the latest firmwares.

Anyone ran into this?

I've had my Asus ZenWifi CT8 pair for a couple of weeks now and I can't get mine to use a Wired Backhaul either. If I switch it to wired, my secondary node goes off the network and appears to be completely reset (unpingable). This is with the latest firmware as of last week and the one from March as well. Otherwise I'm quite happy with it as I'm getting good coverage and speeds out of them, but I'd prefer to use a Wired backhaul for the better / more consistent results.

-Stach

Got the same problem with my CT8 pair that i received yesterday, configured to connect wirelessly to each other, and then immediately upgraded to latest firmware. Then connected both via wired backhaul., if I set the Connection Priority to Ethernet the node Connection Quality then shows as Disconnected until I set Connection Priority back to Auto

Got the same problem with my CT8 pair that i received yesterday, configured to connect wirelessly to each other, and then immediately upgraded to latest firmware. Then connected both via wired backhaul., if I set the Connection Priority to Ethernet the node Connection Quality then shows as Disconnected until I set Connection Priority back to Auto

The latest firmware version (2020-July) breaks the Ethernet Backhaul and honestly seems to cause other issues for me (stability, etc...). Once I discovered this, I flashed back to the 2020-March firmware and everything is running Much better, including Ethernet Backhaul again!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!