What's new

ASUS Download Master crippled in 384.9, 384.10 (Asuswrt-Merlin FW)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Boorock70

Occasional Visitor
2.jpg
384.9.jpg
384.10.jpg
384.10-2.jpg
Untitled.jpg

Hey guys,
After loading the latest Merlin FW (384.9 and 384.10) for AC-68U I noticed that Asus Download Master (USB software) is NOT working and it wasn't there in the USB applications menu !?!
- Tried several reboots, resets and even formatting the HDD attached but... Nope, NO DM anymore (?)
Also the Download Master Utility can not connect to the DM software !

What happened to Asus DM on 384.9 and 384.10?

(I'm very happy with Asus Download Master so please don't bother advising any alternative torrent programs)

So, decided to downgrade to 384.8.2 which seems to be working with Download Master (with some quirks, not stable too...)

Last edited:
What happened to Asus DM on 384.9 ?

It's a bug in Asus's code where the entry can sometimes be missing, you can still access it directly by its URL. Same issue occurs with 3.0.0.4.384_45149.

A potential fix was merged in 384.10 beta, however I don't know if it fully resolves that specific issue, Asus doesn't document which exact changes are made with each GPL release.

Download master was a torrent client? Sweet.

What speeds does it reach? Can save me from running my PC as my NAS is not allowed on the internet.

(All because stupid iOS closed garden not allowing torrent clients. Externally iOS iTransmission needs updates but the project is dropped/stalled)

Last edited:
Download master was a torrent client? Sweet.

What speeds does it reach? Can save me from running my PC as my NAS is not allowed on the internet.

(All because stupid iOS closed garden not allowing torrent clients. Externally iOS iTransmission needs updates but the project is dropped/stalled)

It's usually based on a fairly old version of transmission and OpenSSL (I haven't kept track of recent developments, but for a while it was years behind the latest versions). I certainly wouldn't trust Download Master running on my firewall.

It's a bug in Asus's code where the entry can sometimes be missing, you can still access it directly by its URL. Same issue occurs with 3.0.0.4.384_45149.

A potential fix was merged in 384.10 beta, however I don't know if it fully resolves that specific issue, Asus doesn't document which exact changes are made with each GPL release.

Unfortunately 384.10 is exactly the same... crippled DM.
I really can not understand ASUS, they have some mystic ways on upgrades like "crippling features while upgrading firmware"
* 1st post and title edited, you can check the screenshots

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!