What's new

ASUS Expands 11ax Lineup And Sets Ship Date

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I looked at recent specs it says quad core cpu, I wish it was Gigabit Duplex on all ports at the same time like the edge router from ubiquiti.

I'm not seeing any reason why it wouldn't be...

I'm not seeing any reason why it wouldn't be...
I suppose I was thinking that it would canablise the sales of the gt unit considering that's its the Waud core gaming unit and I read on the Asus spec on the site for the unit that its change d to quad.

Just saw over at newegg.com that they have the RT-AX88U listed now (Item#: N82E16833320370) for $349.99. Not available yet, but I assume it will be in the next few days.

Just saw over at newegg.com that they have the RT-AX88U listed now (Item#: N82E16833320370) for $349.99. Not available yet, but I assume it will be in the next few days.

lol already out of stock.

isn't 802.11ax still in draft status?

Now they have it listed as in stock, the price is still $349.99.

Just their way of saying it's a pre-order, with no exact ETA on availability.

Yes, and it will be until next year, with official certification currently targeted for the end of 2019.
So I guess products based on final certification will be shown during CES 2020. Hopefully my 5+ year old ac68u will last till then!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Has Asus said anything officially (or unofficially) about their Qualcomm based AX routers? The GT-AX6000 based on the IPQ8074 appears to be a derivative of the never released GT-AC5400. Did Asus just divert development of the GT-AC5400 towards the GT-AX6000 due to the looming finalization of 802.11ax?

These platforms appear more compelling, especially since the IPQ8074 is built on 14nm FinFet technology, which is years ahead of the dated 28nm process used on the Broadcomm CPUs. The early MU-MIMO issues with Broadcomm platforms also left a sour taste in my mouth.

EDIT: I saw IM's post in the other thread about the GT-AC5400 being a GT-AX6000 but without 10G copper interface and 802.11ax disabled. Sounds similar to what Netgear does to their Costco exclusive routers, gimping it in some way to make it "cheaper".

Last edited:
Something is confusing me regarding the ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 - there is a 2.5G gaming port and I see that it says it is the world's first 10 gigabit router, is there a port for the 10 gigabit? Is the 2.5G gaming port has the same speed of 10 gb?
It is what it says 2,5 GBit connection running on existing CAT5: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2.5GBASE-T_and_5GBASE-T

10 gigabit is theoretical brutto speed for Wifi.
And 10GB if you add 4 LAN ports :p

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!