What's new

Asus Firmware 3.0.0.4.374.542 Released

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bluepoint

Very Senior Member
Version 3.0.0.4.374.542 For both AC56U & AC68U

Description ASUS RT-AC68U/RT-AC56U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.542
Fixes
1. Fixed the CTF lock handling mechanism.
2. Updated the descriptions in WDS page.
3. Updated the descriptions in VPN client and Time Machine pages.
4. Fixed the USB modem connection issue in load balance mode

File Size 28,17 (MBytes) 2014.01.03 update

Last edited:
Clients list hasnt been fixed on Media Bridge side. It still shows them as MAC address.

Router-AC68.

5g sppeed with Intel U6300 adapter is much faster and speed is more stable.

This is the main reason why I bought AC68R and returned R7000. An excellent product support is crucial.

AC56U 5ghz AC wifi download speeds is half what it was on previous beta .501....

Only getting about 20-24MB's download from my desktop and NAS file shares..(was around 35-40MB's before)...

Upload speed seems better..around 25-30MB's (was getting around 15MB's before)

I have win 8.1 x64 and Intel AC7260.

Last edited:
AC56U 5ghz AC wifi download speeds is half what it was on previous beta .501....

Only getting about 20-24MB's download from my desktop and NAS file shares..(was around 35-40MB's before)...

Upload speed seems better..around 25-30MB's (was getting around 15MB's before)

I have win 8.1 x64 and Intel AC7260.

Didn't try this firmware on my AC56U (yet) but on the AC68U, I'm getting pretty similar performance as .454 and .501 on the 5GHz band.

AC7260 <--> AC68U <--> wired PC, tested 280Mbps using Iperf

With USB disk forrmated to "ext3" (ext4 is not supported) router constantly reboots! NTFS works ok.

With USB disk forrmated to "ext3" (ext4 is not supported) router constantly reboots! NTFS works ok.
what router? I believe that only a couple support EXT4. On my 68 few previous versions back NTFS worked like shirt ... e.g.corrupted files.

Last edited:
what router? I believe that only a couple support EXT4. On my 68 few previous versions back NTFS worked like shirt ... e.g.corrupted files.

ac68

asus (PDF): The wireless router works with most USB HDDs/Flash disks (up to 2TB size) and supports read-write access for FAT16, FAT32, EXT2, EXT3, and NTFS.

ext3 does not work at all
ntfs corrupts files.

with Merlin (37firmware ext4 "works", ext3 reboots).
but ext4 gets corrupted superblock after 1 day of use.. ntfs corrupts files.

disk: 2tb sasung drive HD204UI with updatetd firmware (generic usb controller - verbatim enclosure)

so no real solution.. have to test ext2...but..

ac68

asus (PDF): The wireless router works with most USB HDDs/Flash disks (up to 2TB size) and supports read-write access for FAT16, FAT32, EXT2, EXT3, and NTFS.

ext3 does not work at all
ntfs corrupts files.

with Merlin (37firmware ext4 "works", ext3 reboots).
but ext4 gets corrupted superblock after 1 day of use.. ntfs corrupts files.

disk: 2tb sasung drive HD204UI with updatetd firmware (generic usb controller - verbatim enclosure)

so no real solution.. have to test ext2...but..
lol, yeah, asus description should be called 'to do list'...
I'm using Merlin's 36 beta1 and 1TB EXT4 drive and it's very solid, not a single problem - try this.
Merlin's 37 has a lots of changes, that's possibility of more bugs then usual.
I tried 374.54 but it has issues like all previous versions with media playing through DLNA server...Merlin's versions are far better in this case.

Signal between router and media bridge, (both are rt-ac68) is weaker. The link speed is 117Mbps.
With firmware 501, link speed was 195Mbps.

The two are connected by 2.4ghz band, @20mhz.

Will test actual file transfer between the two by the end of the weekend.

Broken Samba Share

Samba share is still broken with this update even with disabling the router's firewall. I can't get access to media files on HD that is connected to the AC68U router. :mad:

Signal between router and media bridge, (both are rt-ac68) is weaker. The link speed is 117Mbps.
With firmware 501, link speed was 195Mbps.

The two are connected by 2.4ghz band, @20mhz.

Will test actual file transfer between the two by the end of the weekend.
I am also using two AC68U's, one as a router and the other as a media bridge, and am connecting at 702Mbps, the same speed as with 374.501. I am also using 9dBi antennae on both units as well.

Not feeling the Clear/Wimax love with 542

Not feeling the 542 love on RT-AC68U...

For some reason, im seeing the Clear hotspot show up, as a secondary connection (via USB) but the connection isnt working, tried manually forcing fallback... Infomark IMW-C910W or the Clear Spot Voyager.. It is appearing as a clear modem when the 3G USB icon is clicked.. but its not getting any info such as dns and such... Last time it just worked when plugged into USB and Dual Wan was turned on and load balancing enabled...

Any suggestions as to what im doing wrong... The router does not have a custom setting for Clear.. you just have to plug the hotspot in and it usually comes up..

Last edited:
Not feeling the 542 love on RT-AC68U...

For some reason, im seeing the Clear hotspot show up, as a secondary connection (via USB) but the connection isnt working, tried manually forcing fallback... Infomark IMW-C910W or the Clear Spot Voyager.. It is appearing as a clear modem when the 3G USB icon is clicked.. but its not getting any info such as dns and such... Last time it just worked when plugged into USB and Dual Wan was turned on and load balancing enabled...

Any suggestions as to what im doing wrong... The router does not have a custom setting for Clear.. you just have to plug the hotspot in and it usually comes up..
I use my phone via USB tethering, and I can confirm that the latest 542 update borks this feature. Rolling back to the previous firmware should allow you to use your clear hotspot again.

Seems that hardware acceleration has been renamed "nat acceleration."

I notice that my 5ghz band is much more stable and consistent as compared to the previous non-beta release.

You keep posting this - yet you are the only one with this issue it seems.

Why don't you make a post to fix this issue instead of just complaining for the next three years?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!