What's new

ASUS GT-AX11000 and 2.4ghz wifi problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

grcambo99

New Around Here
Hi. I have for some days now ASUS GT-AX11000 as my main router with 200 mpbs fiber connection. 5ghz is working good in both channels, but i have big issue with 2.4ghz. It gives to all devices only 3-30 mpbs even in phone connected next to the router. I have tried everything.... Reset, downgrade all versions of firmware, latest beta version, change channel, disable ax for 2.4ghz wifi, disable qos.... nothing solved the issue. Everything else works ok... just this problem with 2.4ghz wifi. Any suggestions please? I didn't wait to suffer of such issue with so expensive router!

Did you also disable the following for 2.4GHz?

[Wi-Fi Agile Multiband]
[Target Wake Time]
[Protected Management Frames]

Did you also disable the following for 2.4GHz?

[Wi-Fi Agile Multiband]
[Target Wake Time]
[Protected Management Frames]

Yes i did... still 2.4ghz has same issue. I had previously ax88u with no such problems. Maybe router is defected? I see around internet similar problems with this router and 2.4ghz , but no solutions.

Yes i did... still 2.4ghz has same issue. I had previously ax88u with no such problems. Maybe router is defected? I see around internet similar problems with this router and 2.4ghz , but no solutions.
AX88U is more than enough for your 200Mbps fiber connection, why did you upgrade to AX11000?

Last edited:
I have AX88U, I thought

AX88U is more than enough for your 200Mbps fiber connection, why did you upgrade to AX11000?

Because i also bought 2 xt8 nodes to connect wirelessly , and i thought tri-band would be better for gaming! But 2.4ghz issue affects all my smart devices around home...

Do you have any external usb disks connected to your router? A known cause of 2,4 GHz problems.

Are the XT8's providing any benefits? How is your network behaving without them powered on? How many SqFt is your home? More routers are not always better, overall.

Are the XT8's providing any benefits? How is your network behaving without them powered on? How many SqFt is your home? More routers are not always better, overall.
I need more spots yes. But now my tests are without them . Just with ax11000 and i am next to it.

I need more spots yes. But now my tests are without them . Just with ax11000 and i am next to it.

Sorry to beat the dead horse; have you tried doing a wifi scan of all channels in your area and choosing the one with the least/no traffic? I was having similar issues with my GT-AX11000 with slow speeds and my darn HP Printer constantly disconnecting from the router, then I did a WiFi scan using the WiFi Analyzer app, found a completely empty 2.4GHz channel, switched to that one, haven't had issues since.

Hi. I have for some days now ASUS GT-AX11000 as my main router with 200 mpbs fiber connection. 5ghz is working good in both channels, but i have big issue with 2.4ghz. It gives to all devices only 3-30 mpbs even in phone connected next to the router. I have tried everything.... Reset, downgrade all versions of firmware, latest beta version, change channel, disable ax for ROG2.4ghz wifi, disable qos.... nothing solved the issue. Everything else works ok... just this problem with 2.4ghz wifi. Any suggestions please? I didn't wait to suffer of such issue with so expensive router!

SAME PROBLEM HERE!

Just purchased the AX11000 and have 1200 down cable. Direct ethernet is 1000 down. 5 band wireless is 600 down. 2.4 band is pathetic 40 down yet 10 feet from the AX11000 router!! Have the latest firmware (3.0.0.4.386_46065-ge51f2dc). Did all the troubleshooting here, including WiFi Explorer. ASUS tech support = no help so far.

Think I'll just go back to my three year old ASUS 5300 ROG which worked fine.

Same problem but with XD6
Wired backhaul - 5ghz work fine.
2.4ghz is pathetic. Tried various settings but still speed is worst than a 10yr old linksys.

I was considering this Router, but after reading this, maybe NOT! My 68U is doing a lot better than that on 2.4ghz for crying out loud....:oops:

I had all the issues listed above.

Simple easy fix, is just ENABLE SMART CONNECT. that's it. I tried every possible combination of setting and wasn't even getting 1mb down. enabled smart connect and instant 100mb.

FKN asus!!!!!

I had all the issues listed above.

Simple easy fix, is just ENABLE SMART CONNECT. that's it. I tried every possible combination of setting and wasn't even getting 1mb down. enabled smart connect and instant 100mb.

FKN asus!!!!!
Thank you so much, I literally just made an account just to BUMP this SOLUTION. I bought this router refurb for a steal price and literally hooked up my internet a day ago only to get my father complaining about the 2.4ghz speed. You saved me so much time and headache. THIS IS SOLUTION FOLKS FOR WHOEVER RUNS INTO THIS IN THE FUTURE!

Thank you so much, I literally just made an account just to BUMP this SOLUTION. I bought this router refurb for a steal price and literally hooked up my internet a day ago only to get my father complaining about the 2.4ghz speed. You saved me so much time and headache. THIS IS SOLUTION FOLKS FOR WHOEVER RUNS INTO THIS IN THE FUTURE!

But all smart connect does is steer your devices to the 5ghz band. Not solving anything with 2.4 and most devices should prefer 5ghz anyway.....

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!