ASUS GT-AX11000 and 2.4ghz wifi problem

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

grcambo99

New Around Here
Hi. I have for some days now ASUS GT-AX11000 as my main router with 200 mpbs fiber connection. 5ghz is working good in both channels, but i have big issue with 2.4ghz. It gives to all devices only 3-30 mpbs even in phone connected next to the router. I have tried everything.... Reset, downgrade all versions of firmware, latest beta version, change channel, disable ax for 2.4ghz wifi, disable qos.... nothing solved the issue. Everything else works ok... just this problem with 2.4ghz wifi. Any suggestions please? I didn't wait to suffer of such issue with so expensive router!

kenc1103

New Around Here
Did you also disable the following for 2.4GHz?

[Wi-Fi Agile Multiband]
[Target Wake Time]
[Protected Management Frames]

grcambo99

New Around Here
Did you also disable the following for 2.4GHz?

[Wi-Fi Agile Multiband]
[Target Wake Time]
[Protected Management Frames]

Yes i did... still 2.4ghz has same issue. I had previously ax88u with no such problems. Maybe router is defected? I see around internet similar problems with this router and 2.4ghz , but no solutions.

kenc1103

New Around Here
Yes i did... still 2.4ghz has same issue. I had previously ax88u with no such problems. Maybe router is defected? I see around internet similar problems with this router and 2.4ghz , but no solutions.
AX88U is more than enough for your 200Mbps fiber connection, why did you upgrade to AX11000?

Last edited:

grcambo99

New Around Here
I have AX88U, I thought

AX88U is more than enough for your 200Mbps fiber connection, why did you upgrade to AX11000?

Because i also bought 2 xt8 nodes to connect wirelessly , and i thought tri-band would be better for gaming! But 2.4ghz issue affects all my smart devices around home...

Going_Strong

Regular Contributor
Do you have any external usb disks connected to your router? A known cause of 2,4 GHz problems.

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
Are the XT8's providing any benefits? How is your network behaving without them powered on? How many SqFt is your home? More routers are not always better, overall.

grcambo99

New Around Here
Are the XT8's providing any benefits? How is your network behaving without them powered on? How many SqFt is your home? More routers are not always better, overall.
I need more spots yes. But now my tests are without them . Just with ax11000 and i am next to it.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!