What's new

Asus GT-AX11000 Pro - Rog Nand or Nand?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pocah

Occasional Visitor
It's a while since I have had an Asus router, just got one today.

As per, I downloaded new firmware. Would you recommend going with the stable or the beta? Also, I notice that the beta has two variants - Nand and Rog Nand. Not sure what the Experimental UI is, so which would you recommend?

Would you recommend going with the stable or the beta?
Depends if you want to participate in testing or you prefer not to. While the beta 1 release in general is fairly good, it does contain a few issues like the Wireless Settings that cannot be changed on the second 5 GHz band for some models.

Not sure what the Experimental UI is
Asus's ROG models have a different UI from their regular models, which adds a gamer-centric skin on top of it, and a few gamer-centric features (that are largely just repackaged features already there in the regular UI). Up to you which UI you prefer, the functionality is largely the same.

Depends if you want to participate in testing or you prefer not to. While the beta 1 release in general is fairly good, it does contain a few issues like the Wireless Settings that cannot be changed on the second 5 GHz band for some models.

Asus's ROG models have a different UI from their regular models, which adds a gamer-centric skin on top of it, and a few gamer-centric features (that are largely just repackaged features already there in the regular UI). Up to you which UI you prefer, the functionality is largely the same.

Excellent, thanks.
After I read your answer, I seem to remember asking the same last time I had an Asus router!
Keep up the great work...

I installed the standard and it all works a treat, apart from the 5Ghz, which seems to have the LED's permanently set to "on". Not sure what these settings are that can't be changed, but I am not very bothered.
I may well try the ROG interface at some point, just, well, becuase I can!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!