What's new

Solved Guest Network "Pro" for Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.x NOT SUPPORTED

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

amohan78

Occasional Visitor
I have purchased Asus ROG RAPTURE GT-AX6000 is 3.0.0.6.102_21514. I want to use the Asuswrt-Merlin firmware of version GT-AX6000_3004_388.4_0_rog_nand_squashfs.pkgtb . The ROG nand version of 3004.388.4 is my preferred package.

First question, will this package retain the ROG theme of the original firmware?

Second and most important question is, will this firmware version have the Guest Network Pro functionality as opposed to the plain vanilla Guest Network functionality? in other words, does the 3004.388.4 Asuswrt-merlin firmware have the Guest Network Pro support or will it give the normal Guest Network support.

I use the Customised Network in Guest Network Pro which comes with added functionality of Wireless Scheduling on the Guest Network VLAN or SSID itself. The Guest Network pro is much advanced than the Guest Network of normal Asus router, notably amongst them is the Wireless Scheduling on the Guest Network VLAN or SSID itself. The Wireless Scheduling takes care of switching on the Guest WiFi at certain time of the day and switch it off as opposed to the normal guest WiFi like RT-AX3000 where you can only specify how long it needs to be ON from the time of enablement.

Can I have this advanced feature of Guest-Network-Pro in Asus Merlin firmware 3004.388.4 itself ?

Second and most important question is, will this firmware version have the Guest Network Pro functionality as opposed to the plain vanilla Guest Network functionality?
No. As explained by ColinTaylor Guest Network Pro is part of the 3.0.0.6.x code base not the 3.0.0.4.x code base used for the Asus-Merlin firmware. There are some comments from RMerlin about the 3.0.0.6.x code base and Guest Network Pro.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-3004-388-4-beta-is-now-available.86109/#post-855985
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...orted-wifi-6-models.82084/page-39#post-819949
If you want VLAN (Guest Network Pro) support then run the 3.0.0.6.x branch firmware (beta or final) if it is available for your router.

Thanks a lot to all of you. That explains. I want to close this thread as solved. How do I do that ?

Threads don't close. They remain.