What's new

Asus GT-AX6000 Wi-Fi randomly drops

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

uriel250

Regular Contributor
I tried playing with the settings, turning off beamforming, MU-MIMO and so on ... but as soon as I run some "intense" things such as Speedtest - Both 2.4 and 5GHz drop, disconnect, and reconnect after 10 seconds.
PC that connected wired still works when the WiFi drops - so I bet it has something to do with the Wi-Fi itself.

I tried both latest Merlin FW and latest firmware on Asus website.

it's a brand new router that I just got today.

What could be the issue?

UPDATE - I found the issue happens whenever my PC is connected to 2.5G port, if I connect it to one of the 1G ports - WiFi will work without any issue.
Is it a hardware defect or something that could be fixed in the settings?

Last edited:
After flashing the firmware you want to use/test, did you do a full reset to factory defaults? Without using an old saved backup config file?

If doing a proper reset fixes things, great. Otherwise, I would try another example to be sure it isn't the hardware on your particular unit.

After flashing the firmware you want to use/test, did you do a full reset to factory defaults? Without using an old saved backup config file?

If doing a proper reset fixes things, great. Otherwise, I would try another example to be sure it isn't the hardware on your particular unit.
Yes I tried to WPS reset 3 times and I never use old backup config file whenever I update firmware I always do a full reset just to be safe.

This was supposed to be used as a Mesh to upgrade my AX56U, my main unit (GT-AX6000) was purchased locally a month ago (EU), and this new unit was purchased from Amazon.com (US FCC).

I did not even use AiMesh yet, I tried to make the new unit from Amazon as main router - but failed.

The EU router made in China while the router from US Amazon.com made in Taiwan.

Seems like the Chinese router does better in my case, I think I got a lemon :(

Last edited:
Update - It seems like the issue is with my phone - Reddit is flooded with Galaxy S23 WiFi issues (Wifi6 routers especially with 5G band).

I disabled WiFi 6 and currently using 2.4G band and it's been stable for almost 2 days.

I keep both routers for now.

Last edited:
Update - It seems like the issue is with my phone - Reddit is flooded with Galaxy S23 WiFi issues (Wifi6 routers especially with 5G band).

I disabled WiFi 6 and currently using 2.4G band and it's been stable for almost 2 days.

I keep both routers for now.
Interesting. I have an S23, my wife has an S23+ both on the 5GHz band of our AX86U on latest 22525, and haven't noticed any disconnect issues. Wonder what the difference is....

Interesting. I have an S23, my wife has an S23+ both on the 5GHz band of our AX86U on latest 22525, and haven't noticed any disconnect issues. Wonder what the difference is....
Check Reddit, tons of people having issues, I just updated the March update 2 days ago and since then it has been stable on the 5GHz with Wifi6.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!