What's new

Release ASUS GT-AXE16000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22525 (20/2/2023)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This version still has a bug with the onboard speed test. I've got 5gbps FTTP to the router's 10gb port #1 but the router's onboard speedtest still will not report anything higher than 3.5gb

This version still has a bug with the onboard speed test. I've got 5gbps FTTP to the router's 10gb port #1 but the router's onboard speedtest still will not report anything higher than 3.5gb
Or, it could be that router CPU simply cannot keep up with speed test binary.

In the prosess of rebuilding your router/AI Mesh network on the new firmware, did you by any chance load a previously saved backup/config file saved on a older firmware. Or did you type in all the necessary new configuration by hand?

And if you performed the hard reset in the firmware, did you tick the initialize box next to it?
No, I didn't load the config from previous firmware. I manually typed in the new configuration.

Regarding hard reset, I didn't tick the initialize box. I did it via pressing WPS button method.

Looks like I automatically got this last night. Everything seems to be working however, I have a ton of these messages in syslog

Code:
Feb 20 13:02:52 kernel: netlink: 12 bytes leftover after parsing attributes in process `ip'.
Same here. Every 5 minutes and 1 second for me. At least 4 at a time. Found this from earlier so it doesn't seem to be a major issue just clogging the log.

Has anyone updated their 16000 to the latest firmware, 3.0.0.4.388.22525? I upgraded dirty and with a few minutes noticed the router seemed to be rebooting every few minutes. So, I downgraded back to 3.0.0.4.388.22237 and has been solid as a rock. I attempted another upgrade and same thing so now sitting on 3.0.0.4.388.22237 stable. Anyone else with same issue?

Has anyone updated their 16000 to the latest firmware, 3.0.0.4.388.22525? I upgraded dirty and with a few minutes noticed the router seemed to be rebooting every few minutes. So, I downgraded back to 3.0.0.4.388.22237 and has been solid as a rock. I attempted another upgrade and same thing so now sitting on 3.0.0.4.388.22237 stable. Anyone else with same issue?
I did upgrade all my routers (GT-AXE16000 and RT-AX88U) to 3.0.0.4.388.22525 and I didn't have any issue.
The only issue the AiMesh will not work when having RT-AX88U so I had to disable the smart connect which make everything work correctly.

I did upgrade all my routers (GT-AXE16000 and RT-AX88U) to 3.0.0.4.388.22525 and I didn't have any issue.
The only issue the AiMesh will not work when having RT-AX88U so I had to disable the smart connect which make everything work correctly.

I have the exact setup. Fresh, just 6 days.
The only caveat is inability to use 160MHz spacing on 2nd 5GHz radio. Unchecking "Enable 160 MHz" and let the router choose the channel for that radio creates a stable environment. With that box checked there are a bit of problems - like AX88U taking long time to broadcast beacons on 5GHz and/or not broadcasting it at all if some channels are set manually.
I do use smart connect and it works fine for my needs.

did the update but now all my clients have a super low TX rate 200 ...
Rolling back to previews firmware fixes the issue

Last edited:
did the update but now all my clients have a super low TX rate 200 ...
Rolling back to previews firmware fixes the issue
I've had 3 disconnections on my GT-AX6000 in 2 days with this firmware where as the BETA was super stable. I reverted back to the original firmware (3.0.0.4.388.21617) that came with the router as that too was stable until they release a new one.

Hi, just wonder if anyone experienced similar problem to mine and found solution for it. I have axe16000 for a while now with latest 388.22525 firmware. Lately I’ve bought another axe16000 and I’ve use new one as a node trough 6Ghz backhaul. All good and working without any issues. Now I realise that on new router there is older firmware 386.50168, so I decided to upgrade to the latest one and I did. After upgrading process finished and node reconnect to main router find out that the node not broadcasting 5ghz1 and 2.4ghz and wont let connect any devices in to those bands. I’ve downgraded to lower firmwares of 388’s with no joy. After downgrading to 386.50168 everything back to working fine. PS. Reseting node to default settings after upgrade from 386 to 388 and reconnecting back - didn’t helped.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!