What's new

Beta ASUS Instant Guard iOS/Android public beta

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi,

I'm trying to get this enabled, works fine internally (using WIFI) but not 4G,.,,

I ensured:

1. Remote WAN is enabled
2. WAN HTTPS is using 8443
3. VPN profile crated upon opening the app and install the VPN profile..

Just says VPS server did not respond on 4G.

I tried to create another IPSEC manually, still same isse..

Any help is appreciated.

Hey,
For those of you who have trouble using Instant Guard with Skynet, i had some issues today after i installed it passed nearly 5h to understund why its not working
1) Install Asus Router and Instant Guard on your phone.
As for my setup im under double NAT, i use zero trust DNS of cloudflare. and i pointed 1 of my subdomain to my IP wich orange clouded and another subdomain with CNAME greyclouded.
1665941949520.png

2) Connect to your router with ssh
then type :
amtm
chose skynet and disable it
1665941692768.png

3) Setup your DynDNS or your Domain
(for my case i dont need it)

4) I have enabled Wan connection
1665942783843.png

5) Connect your phone to your wifi
6) Open Asus Router and go directly to Setups and InstantGuard
7) For me I was behind a double NAT, I had to write my cname domain with the port : 8443
it was like : house.*****.com:8443
7) After its connected you disconnect your wifi
8) you try again without wifi

And i thanks everyone who replied to this topics helped me a lot.

Attachments

• 1665942748652.png
    1665942748652.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 60
I tried everything until I realised that my ISP has a firewall running...doh. Setting it to 'low' (the only option they recommend for VPNs) meant IG (and other VPN servers) started working. I do not have Remote Web Access from WAN enabled; I have DDNS configured with no-ip.com.

This works pretty well on my Android phone thus far. Not sure what type of IPsec connection it uses. The regular IPsec VPN you can manually configure is limited to IKEv2/IPsec MSCHAPv2 as Android dropped support for Xauth.

Pretty amusing though that Asus still hasn't released that Windows version they were touting back in 2020.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!