What's new

ASUS Login Not Secure

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ROO2020

Regular Contributor
My ASUS router for my GT-AX11000 shows when I login, that it is Not Secure. Shows the same on Chrome or Safari. How can I correct? I sent info on this to ASUS, and I totally believe most of their support group has no clue about their own technology.

My ASUS router for my GT-AX11000 shows when I login, that it is Not Secure. Shows the same on Chrome or Safari. How can I correct? I sent info on this to ASUS, and I totally believe most of their support group has no clue about their own technology.

It's not a problem unless your LAN is compromised by bad actors wanting to snoop on your router administration. Looks like this using the MS Edge browser:

1616939374506.png

If you want to use https, then configure the router to use it.

OE

Very little LAN traffic is encrypted. If someone gains access to your WiFi then I would more worried about other lan-to-lan unencrypted traffic than my router password. When this does occur you router settings are either not correct (or a poor WiFi password) or it's a family member. Moral, LAN-to-LAN traffic doesn't need to be encrypted only LAN-to-WAN should.