What's new

Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Issue - HP LaserJet Printer [SOLVED]

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Does your SSID have a space in the name, had a few laserjets at work that have been picky buggers with that.

Have you tried factory resetting the printer?
Tried putting in a static IP on the printer?
I did and also Asus Router. I always use a static IP address normally. So both DHCP and static don't work. It has something to do with WPA encryption. They don't understand each other and a time out / error message occurs. On my LaserJet Pro, it supports N connectivity, so it should not be a problem. There is something missing or a bug communication wise.

There are several bugs in the current firmware, where I managed to "fix" one manually:
Regarding the AX option disapearing on 2.4GHz affects also both 5GHz band: On the 2.4Ghz Wireless options, make sure Wireless Mode is set to Auto. Otherwise the AX mode not only disappear from 2.4Ghz, but it automatically disables itself for both 5Ghz Radios and you can’t enable it on either radios. Must be a bug for sure as it should not impact other frequencies...

JF

Does your SSID have a space in the name, had a few laserjets at work that have been picky buggers with that.
Nope! 3 simple letters. At some point I decided to change the SSID to something else, in case the printer had kept the old config in memory, I even took my printer 2 floors down to hook it up with RJ45 to "reset" the connection config, nothing. I have never had a problem with my AC87u before, all worked fine. :( I'm sure if there was a Merlin firmware that would not be an issue. @Merlin maybe you can help? If you are in communication with Asus or give us your opinion?

Thanks!

Use an 8 character SSID and a 16 character, alphanumeric password, both without punctuation, spaces, smiley faces or other special characters. :)

What wifi security mode are you using? Mixed Mode WPA2/WPA3 or just single mode WPA2

I've done a factory reset. I currently have a static IP address, and still no luck. :mad:

What wifi security mode are you using? Mixed Mode WPA2/WPA3 or just single mode WPA2

When I started having issue I was on WPA2 only. Asus made me switch to WPA with simple password, no special char. Still no success. I have now put WPA2/WPA3 for the rest of my Wifi units at home while waiting for a new Firmware from Asus if they end up getting enough feedback for this issue.

When I started having issue I was on WPA2 only. Asus made me switch to WPA with simple password, no special char. Still no success. I have now put WPA2/WPA3 for the rest of my Wifi units at home while waiting for a new Firmware from Asus if they end up getting enough feedback for this issue.

Keep me posted, as I'm looking for a 'fix' to allow my HP LaserJet Pro 200 to connect to WiFi.

Will do for sure! I'm watching this thread closely. I'll post anything that comes up.
For what it's worth, I was having the same issue with a Netgear AX router. So, that's why I feel it's not so much of an Asus issue as it is a HP issue. :(

Possible that the wifi drivers between the printer and new AX routers are not fully compatible.
If the printer fails to wirelessly connect to the wifi router with no security mode set, in the open, then this is a problem with the wifi drivers on the printer.

HP printers with wifi in general have always been problematic with wifi routers from my experiences. Why I recommend wired LAN if possible if the printer supports LAN.

Hey guys, good news, I finally figured it out. I noticed that my Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield 2017 were stuttering alot on the 2.4Ghz, which doesn't make sense. So I said to myself, it has to be an option in the 2.4Ghz. There was an option that I went on to find more information on: Protected Management Frames. I have read that alot of people were having connectivity issue with their connected home appliances with this option enabled. So I decided to set it to DISABLED as it was set at CAPABLE. It fixed it!

What is confusing is the CAPABLE option that I understood that if the unit is not capable, then it doesn't use it. Does that mean it is bugged? I don't know, only Asus would know I guess. Note that if you disable Protected Management Frames, you will loose the Wifi Agile Multiband option.

Now I wonder if I should disable this also for 5GHz Frequency?

I also disabled AX for 2.4GHz, so I don't know if that option has an impact, but now that it works, I'm retiring and don't care about this being enabled at that frequency. :)

Let me know if it fixed it for you!

Have a nice weekend,

Last edited:
Hey guys, good news, I finally figured it out. I noticed that my Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield 2017 were stuttering alot on the 2.4Ghz, which doesn't make sense. So I said to myself, it has to be an option in the 2.4Ghz. There was an option that I went on to find more information on: Protected Management Frames. I have read that alot of people were having connectivity issue with their connected home appliances with this option enabled. So I decided to set it to DISABLED as it was set at CAPABLE. It fixed it!

What is confusing is the CAPABLE option that I understood that if the unit is not capable, then it doesn't use it. Does that mean it is bugged? I don't know, only Asus would know I guess. Note that if you disable Protected Management Frames, you will loose the Wifi Agile Multiband option.

Now I wonder if I should disable this also for 5GHz Frequency?

I also disabled AX for 2.4GHz, so I don't know if that option has an impact, but now that it works, I'm retiring and don't care about this being enabled at that frequency. :)

Let me know if it fixed it for you!

Have a nice weekend,

I'll give this a try. Stay tuned........

Aw yeah! Happy it worked. Hope this will also help others. Small detail that common mortals would have a hard time finding.

Thanks for the AX enabled feedback. I will turn it back on.

Thanks for all help! It worked to disable "Protected Management Frames"

1. On the router settings page. "Protected Management Frames" still displays as "Capable" ( Yes, I set it to Disabled and pressed Apply, and printer started working and still does )

2. I have had the AX11000 for some time, and this bug was introduced in the latest software release ( 3.0.0.4.384_7979-ga91ef15 ). It has worked for half a year before I did an update during the weekend. My Brother HL-1210W printer stopped working and printed papers about WLAN-report, Connection Failed and that I should turn on and off the accesspoint.
My old Mac Pro (10+ year) also stopped working with the wifi. There are no new device drivers for that Broadcom chipset and Windows ( yes, Im running windows on the Mac Pro ) claims to use the latest version of drivers.

Thus, I think this is a problem from Asus or whoever writes their software. It seems both Asus and Netgear use the same chipset from Broadcom in at least some of their AX products which might explain problems with both brands as described above.

I just purchased the GT-AX11000 and was frustrated in not being able to join my HP LaserJet Pro 200 until finding this page. Thanks for the due diligence and posting the solution.

guys, it does not work again ....
i had the same issue (brother wireless printer can not be seen by my computer, always offline, even the printer has connected to the 2.4G SSID as same as the computer does, same network mask 192.168.1.xx) half year ago after router AX11000 firmware updated, then I found this thread, disabled "Protected Management Frames", boom, it worked.
however now it does not work again, same issue, i found AX11000 just had firmware updated on 5/29/2021 (3.0.0.4.386_41700), now same issue, i tried all options for "Protected Management Frames" for 2.4G/5G, no good, I need help ....
AX11000 is really a nightmare for wireless printer.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!