What's new

Asus Router recommendation?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Which 'one' are you talking about? No 'bands' are lost, (are they)?

My RT-AC86U has been a bit buggy in the 2.4GHz band. Yeah, it was manufactured in a special year when 2.4GHz coincided with frequency of the lunar resonant oversampling whatever. Or Asus wasn’t particularly competent that year. Out of warranty, so must live with it. My previous AC-68U was so reliable that I just expected all Asus routers to be like that... humbug....

Does the RT-AX88U have 2.4, 5.1 and 5.2 GHz radios ? Also does it have 9 guest network capability as the RT-AC5300 does ? Thinking about switching but the specs online are a bit confusing . . . Thx !

Grab the 86U or the AX58U. I would never even consider spending what they want for the AX88U when WiFi 6E is just around the corner, and the AX88 or any other AX router out now will never support it. Buy cheap now and wait a bit things are changing fast in the home router world.

Does the RT-AX88U have 2.4, 5.1 and 5.2 GHz radios ?

The AX88U is a duel band 4x4 router. 1, 2.4GHz radio and 1, 5 GHz radio. Sounds like you want a tri band router. Again wait a bit WiFi 6E will have tri band. 1, 2.4GHz radio. 1, 5GHz radio and 1, 6Ghz radio

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!