What's new

ASUS RT-AC 1900P multiple IP's with TLS Error handshake failed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dzoker

New Around Here
Hi,

Can Anyone tell me why I see all these unknown IP's in my log with the TLS Error

ovpn-server1[1196]: XX.XXX.XX.XX:38266 TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)
ovpn-server1[1196]: XX.XXX.XX.XXX:38266 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed
ovpn-server1[1196]: XX.XXX.XX.XX:44906 TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)
ovpn-server1[1196]: XX.XXX.XX.XXX:27575 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed
ovpn-server1[1196]: XX.XXX.XX.XX:34539 TLS Error: TLS key negotiation failed to occur within 60 seconds (check your network connectivity)
ovpn-server1[1196]: XX.XXX.XX.XXX:21290 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed

also in the VPN section of the router I se 10-15 UNDEF usernames from IP's I don't recognize and with zero bytes sent/received.

I see this all the time in my router log and started couple of weeks ago with no changes from my side

Normal port scanning from the internet. Change your VPN server so that it uses a non-standard port.

Yes the server port. Choose something random and non-obvious between 5001 and 32767, e.g. 27349.