What's new

Asus RT-AC1200G+ Websites timing out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

banger

Just bought the above router and have had it since 29 Feb 2020. It's fairly old as the date on the box is 2018. First thing I did was update the firmware and copy settings manually from my DSL-N55U.

Have been fiddling a fair bit with it since 29th roughly rebooting every day but yesterday I got to 5 days up-time and websites started timing out. I contacted my ISP initially thinking it was them but further diagnosis and a reboot of the router everything sprang back into life and website started to resolve correctly again.

Anyone else come across this problem with the 1200G+?

If it had a 2018 original firmware initially, you may want to follow the M&M Config guide and possibly the Nuclear Reset guide found in the link in my signature below to get the router to a good/known state.

Many internal settings and variables have changed in the years between that originally installed firmware and what you flashed now. Resetting to factory defaults and additionally checking the 'Initialize all settings...' checkbox if that model also has it will allow the router to use the currently installed firmware defaults instead of those years old one. :)

Thanks for the reply I shall perform the steps in the link and test for 5 days.

I hope that your testing shows a working configuration soon. :)

Make sure to not use a saved backup config file. Make sure to only change past the recommended defaults and test each change extensively too. Easier than changing the settings wholesale and then wondering what affects what. :)

I have performed the NVRAM clear and configged manually but some of the options in the M&M config list are different. I haven't basically changed much most of it is at default settings apart from IPV6 which I am using 6to4 config. More testing needed.

So far so good apart from an entry in the system log "PHYTX error", from the kernal. Looking at the time I might have been testing LAN transfer speeds, any idea what the log entry means?

Power cut tonight so have to restart testing the 1200G+ which is unfortunate. Few errors in the log but nothing major.

New firmware today with Krook fix now my log is full of random keys!

So far so good, over 5 days uptime and no problems after following the Nuclear reset.

IPV6 has stopped working after about 10 days uptime. Looking at IPV6 log all the local machines have disappeared and IPV6-test.com fails. I think this because I have a 3g dongle plugged in and the DSL dropped. Now testing without 3g dongle.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!