What's new

ASUS RT-AC3200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Could have been something in my browser cache. Both my link and yours took me to the thread.

Anyway, I changed the links over to the one you gave me.

Okay this is so weird....
Just tried again & still no go*, tried 2 diff. browsers & relaunched etc, in Safari I completely reset the browser.
Anyway, it clearly wants to remain that way so I'll leave it be...

*I click on the forum link at the bottom of the article & it still takes me to the sub-forum, not the thread.

Last edited:
A very interesting paragraph on that blog post BTW:

So what about the previously announced RT-87U? ACxxxx numbers represent the maximum throughput the networking product can handle. That doesn’t necessarily mean per-device, as the RT-AC3200 talks to multiple .ac and .n devices at full speed, rather than having to slow down to the slowest device on the network. Only the RT-AC87U provides 33% more area coverage and more per-client bandwidth (1700 versus 1300), however it only has one .ac band versus the RT-3200’s two.

So, is everyone confused yet? :)

meanwhile you will need a massive usb dongle with 6 external antennas sticking out the side of your laptop to actually enjoy the benefits this router has to offer.

LOL.. reminds me of the TheOnion's Gillette Five Blades

Plus the NetGear one looks like a turtle on it's back :p

Can't stop laughing at Gillette's article [emoji1]

meanwhile you will need a massive usb dongle with 6 external antennas sticking out the side of your laptop to actually enjoy the benefits this router has to offer.

Sounds sexy

Last edited:
Asus said:
...the RT-AC3200 talks to multiple .ac and .n devices at full speed, rather than having to slow down to the slowest device on the network.

This quotation from the blog post is kind of confusing; it could be interpreted in multiple ways.

It could be interpreted as them saying that if you have N and AC devices connected to their current routers then the AC/multiple stream clients slow down to the same speed as the slowest client, and this router would fix that.

Or maybe they're just saying that by having two radios on different bands, it can transmit to a client on low 5ghz and high 5ghz at the same time. In that case, it only makes a difference if you have your clients segregated and multiple clients in each group trying to exchange data at the same time (and having to share time with their group-mates).

Or maybe they're just saying that by having two radios on different bands

That's what this router is about. It has one 2.4 GHz radio, and two 5 GHz radios. That's how they come up with N600 + AC1300 + AC1300 = 3200 Mbps of total throughput.

So, you can have 802.11n devices use 2.4 GHz or the first 5 GHz radio, and devote exclusively the second 5 GHz radio to your 802.11ac clients.

Is it just me, or is ASUS steadily one generation behind in copying the Netgear routers?

AC68U - stood up like the Netgear AC1750

Oh look! The the Nighthawk!

RT-AC3200 - reminiscent of Nighthawk, but double the antenna, for double the fun.

Look for the Asus RT-ACDeadBeetle for 2015.

Last edited:
This quotation from the blog post is kind of confusing; it could be interpreted in multiple ways.

It could be interpreted as them saying that if you have N and AC devices connected to their current routers then the AC/multiple stream clients slow down to the same speed as the slowest client, and this router would fix that.

Or maybe they're just saying that by having two radios on different bands, it can transmit to a client on low 5ghz and high 5ghz at the same time. In that case, it only makes a difference if you have your clients segregated and multiple clients in each group trying to exchange data at the same time (and having to share time with their group-mates).

There is nothing new here. When more than one client is connected to an AP-radio each client gets a certain time slot. Within that time slot the AP and client communicate using the best possible protocol. So, on an ac AP there can be clients using A, N or AC. Seamingly at the same time, but ofcourse one after another.

That's what this router is about. It has one 2.4 GHz radio, and two 5 GHz radios. That's how they come up with N600 + AC1300 + AC1300 = 3200 Mbps of total throughput.

So, you can have 802.11n devices use 2.4 GHz or the first 5 GHz radio, and devote exclusively the second 5 GHz radio to your 802.11ac clients.

So, we'd need three SSIDs then? ugh..

Hi,
Still not many decent client devices to match this new routers capability. So what is the point getting one of this?

No point getting this for myself (home), but for some customers I can see having three wireless networks in one device as an advantage.

Segregated into Guests, Customers and Company (internal), a single device would elegantly handle this situation. Given the firmware allows for it, of course.

No point getting this for myself (home), but for some customers I can see having three wireless networks in one device as an advantage.

Segregated into Guests, Customers and Company (internal), a single device would elegantly handle this situation. Given the firmware allows for it, of course.

I agree it will be good for many business customer , BUT firmaware will be up to this ?
:D