What's new

ASUS RT-AC3200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

maylyn

Regular Contributor
Announcing the World's first AC3200 Wi-Fi Router

~ Broadcom 6-stream 802.11ac 5G Wi-Fi

~ Combined data rates of 3200Mbit/s

~ Smart Connect automatically maximizes performance

~ AiRadar universal beamforming extends coverage

~ Adaptive QoS for smooth internet experience

~ AiProtection with Trend Micro for total security

Stay tuned for more ^^

Image Credits ~ Anandtech.com

Last edited:
Key features

Broadcom's 5G WiFi XStream is a MIMO platform for home routers that includes six 802.11ac streams and three 802.11n streams that run simultaneously. Highlights include:

~ Five core "Penta Core" central processing unit (CPU) made up of two 5GHz radios and one 2.4GHz radio as well as 2.96 GHz processing power to maximize network capacity

~ Support for recently released spectrum from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) through simultaneous multichannel capabilities in 5 GHz band to enable six 802.11ac streams over 160 MHz of bandwidth

~ Greatest reach and rate at range through high power RF on upper 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands

~ Better range for video streaming with transmit beamforming and AnyBeam technology

~ SmartConnect software to ensure each Wi-Fi device operates on best frequency band in one of three appropriate wireless channels

~ Automatic separation of coexisting 802.11n and 802.11ac Wi-Fi devices into distinct frequencies

~ BroadStream Intelligent Quality of Service (iQoS) software to identify incoming traffic and allocate appropriate bandwidth for priority applications

~ Wireless Insight software as visual tool to allow users to easily notice and diagnose common Wi-Fi issues, reducing the cost of ownership

~ Standards compliance to ensure all Wi-Fi CERTIFIED devices seamlessly interoperate and benefit with the new platform

More images ;)

Image credits ~ ndtv.com

Close up

Last edited:
No 10Gbit LAN ports? Because WLAN in an optimal environment could be faster than 1Gbit.

How many out there are using FTTX > 1Gbps? and how much one is willing to pay for 10GbE home based router? ;)

Last edited:
Last edited:

ROFL

b_551_0_16777215_0___images_stories_news_netgear_r8000.jpg

can they just work on getting the ac1900 devices to work properly first.

The R8000 kind of looks like a dead bug (on its back with its legs sticking up).

After the RT-AC68U, I'm wary of any new high end routers coming out with Broadcom chips in them. I've certainly learned my lesson to wait for reviews instead of preordering based on specs and marketing.

The R8000 kind of looks like a dead bug (on its back with its legs sticking up).

After the RT-AC68U, I'm wary of any new high end routers coming out with Broadcom chips in them. I've certainly learned my lesson to wait for reviews instead of preordering based on specs and marketing.

"DEAD BUG" EXACTLY!!! MAYBE THEY FINALLY EXTERMINATED THEM

NP, actually from that article you've linked to the Wireless Article Discussions sub-forum, not the new thread in that sub-forum.
The link appears to be working properly for me.