What's new

ASUS RT-AC5300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm using 5GHz Smart Connect only with "Hide SSID" option enabled. But I still see my WiFi network as available to connect. When I'm trying to connect to it - it fails, but if I connect to it manually (like choose "Other" and enter SSID and all the info manually), it works.
Can someone verify if the network is still seen in Hide SSID mode with 5GHz SM only?
no purpose to hiding ssid , it can still be seen , just makes it hard or impossible for some clients to connect

I'm currently running the stock firmware: 3.0.0.4.380_7743 on my ASUS RT-AC5300. I can do everything I need on it; except, I can't figure out how to add the below command to my router's startup:
arp -s xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx yy:yy:yy:yy:yy:yy

Can it be done with the current stock firmware? If so, how? If not, how would I do it in Merlin?

Thanks in advance!

my rt-ac5300 works unstable out of the box
if I do a full reset, via reset button or browser (factory settings), if I upload new firmware via frimware restoration utility, it works fine for next 1-2 hours.
After 1-2 hours both 5G networks disappear, 2.4G remains.
Front page of router looks like this:

FQ1Epk9.jpg

Is it possible to do something or it will be better to bring it back, for warranty replacement?
I've tried to install the latest firmware from asus and stable/beta Merlin's firmwares

The only settings I make are the change of login/password and wifi name/pw

Last edited:
Guys how are you?

The command to clear nvram at 5300 is this one?

mtd-erase2 nvram

I need only to make this command after flashing to a new fw and after do the command turn the router off and after some seconds turn it on again right?

Tks

my rt-ac5300 works unstable out of the box ...

Update: I've got a new device as a replacement, it works perfect. Local manufacturer's service center tested the faulty device for ~ 2 months, they couldn't repair it. Seems to be the hardware issue.

I can get this this for 162$ (only it's a 5400 not 5300), need a router though wanted one under 100$ should I buy it? Is it a good one, is this a good deal???

I can get this this for 162$ (only it's a 5400 not 5300), need a router though wanted one under 100$ should I buy it? Is it a good one, is this a good deal???

I think its a misprint or typo, I don't know of a 5400, but A 5300 for 162 is indeed a good deal. I paid If I recall correctly, 399 for my first (retail) and then 175 last week for a used 5300.

I think its a misprint or typo, I don't know of a 5400, but A 5300 for 162 is indeed a good deal. I paid If I recall correctly, 399 for my first (retail) and then 175 last week for a used 5300.
Got it wrong I think...it's a TP-Link Archer but dang thing looks very similar to the Asus.