1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

ASUS RT-AC5300

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by madhatter01, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Pérsio Menezes

Pérsio Menezes New Around Here

2. jerry6

jerry6 Very Senior Member

no purpose to hiding ssid , it can still be seen , just makes it hard or impossible for some clients to connect

3. MKANET

MKANET Occasional Visitor

I'm currently running the stock firmware: 3.0.0.4.380_7743 on my ASUS RT-AC5300. I can do everything I need on it; except, I can't figure out how to add the below command to my router's startup:
    arp -s xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx yy:yy:yy:yy:yy:yy

Can it be done with the current stock firmware? If so, how? If not, how would I do it in Merlin?

Thanks in advance!

4. errorka

errorka New Around Here

my rt-ac5300 works unstable out of the box
    if I do a full reset, via reset button or browser (factory settings), if I upload new firmware via frimware restoration utility, it works fine for next 1-2 hours.
    After 1-2 hours both 5G networks disappear, 2.4G remains.
    Front page of router looks like this:

[​IMG]
    Is it possible to do something or it will be better to bring it back, for warranty replacement?
    I've tried to install the latest firmware from asus and stable/beta Merlin's firmwares

The only settings I make are the change of login/password and wifi name/pw

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  5. wsarahan

wsarahan Senior Member

Guys how are you?

The command to clear nvram at 5300 is this one?

mtd-erase2 nvram

I need only to make this command after flashing to a new fw and after do the command turn the router off and after some seconds turn it on again right?

Tks

6. errorka

errorka New Around Here

Update: I've got a new device as a replacement, it works perfect. Local manufacturer's service center tested the faulty device for ~ 2 months, they couldn't repair it. Seems to be the hardware issue.

7. errorka

errorka New Around Here

update 2: 2.4GHz has died on new, replaced router after 3 days. No idea why.

8. jjackson

jjackson New Around Here

I can get this this for 162$ (only it's a 5400 not 5300), need a router though wanted one under 100$ should I buy it? Is it a good one, is this a good deal???

9. HuskyHerder

HuskyHerder Senior Member

I think its a misprint or typo, I don't know of a 5400, but A 5300 for 162 is indeed a good deal. I paid If I recall correctly, 399 for my first (retail) and then 175 last week for a used 5300.

10. jjackson

jjackson New Around Here

Got it wrong I think...it's a TP-Link Archer but dang thing looks very similar to the Asus.

HuskyHerder likes this.
  11. HuskyHerder

HuskyHerder Senior Member