What's new

ASUS RT-AC5300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi all AC5300 users! I am new user of it in Hong Kong and really love it!
However, I don't know why but something went wrong in 2.4GHz wifi

螢幕快照 2016-06-15 上午1.09.46.png

螢幕快照 2016-06-15 上午1.11.04.png

just like the attached image, it cannot show 2.4GHz MAC address and Wireless Mode is empty,
also no Channel I can choose.

I have tries using Android Wifi analyzer app to find 2.4GHz network but I can't find it.

I have just rolled back from 3341 to 1355 firmware as it made much more issues..
Please help, thanks!

Hi all AC5300 users! I am new user of it in Hong Kong and really love it!
However, I don't know why but something went wrong in 2.4GHz wifi

View attachment 6566

View attachment 6567
just like the attached image, it cannot show 2.4GHz MAC address and Wireless Mode is empty,
also no Channel I can choose.

I have tries using Android Wifi analyzer app to find 2.4GHz network but I can't find it.

I have just rolled back from 3341 to 1355 firmware as it made much more issues..
Please help, thanks!

Try a factory default reset. If it still fails after that and you can't see the 2.4 GHz signal, then it's probably a hardware defect.

When using my Asus RT-AC5300 I am having connection issues with my Rokus (three Roku 3s - two of which have issues and a Roku stick which also had issues). I got things working but only after going back and forth with Smart Connect and doing resets on Rokus). Issue returned after a firmware update.

I saw a thread here about this and others seem to have the same issue with Roku units and the Asus AC3100.
Apparently Smart Connect off solved it for another user, but that is one of the two main reasons I bought this router, the other being the wifi range / throughput.

I may also play around with IPv6 off...

Any other Roku users here?

I love the idea of smart connect, BUT it does not work for us.
Meaning we have no control over smart connect and smart connect is actually really dumb thanks to Asus and their lack of thinking, as my router with it on always chooses the wrong channels, same as neighbors and that is not smart at all. Besides all the other stuff we loss control of in the wifi section.
IOS devices have smart connect built in, apparently an apple patent.

I hope Asus uses some smart themselves and fixes all this so we can enable smart connect.

Meaning we have no control over smart connect and smart connect is actually really dumb thanks to Asus and their lack of thinking, as my router with it on always chooses the wrong channels, same as neighbors and that is not smart at all.

thats not what smart connect does , smart connect just allocates what band your devices connect to based on their wifi ability and distance from the router etc

thats not what smart connect does , smart connect just allocates what band your devices connect to based on their wifi ability and distance from the router etc
I understand that, but what Asus does not understand is what I posted that is needed
What good is it if your router connects to the same channel as your neighbor and no way to change it , useless.

I'm using, working like a charm, the old version was buggy a lot the new version is perfect

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

The zip file contents still say May? Assume Asus dev build team just forgot to update the timestamps on the file when they rebuilt, or perhaps left them intentionally.
Filesize is identical down the byte!?!?

Will try the re-released 3341 firmware tomorrow.

I've been running the 3341 since new with no issues at all. Love this new router, it's a beast compared to the N56U I upgraded from.

Will try the re-released 3341 firmware tomorrow.

Could simply be their webservers being out of sync. It happens semi-regularly.

If Asus had made any change to the firmware, it would have had a different version string (in addition to the datestamp).

Could simply be their webservers being out of sync. It happens semi-regularly.

If Asus had made any change to the firmware, it would have had a different version string (in addition to the datestamp).
Their downloads section is down again! Classical ASUS Swiss cheese! They have clowns working in their company. The downloads section keeps going on and off randomly and they post firmwares, then pull them, then repost them again. I think all ASUS employees are on whitehorse.

Their downloads section is down again! Classical ASUS Swiss cheese! They have clowns working in their company. The downloads section keeps going on and off randomly and they post firmwares, then pull them, then repost them again. I think all ASUS employees are on whitehorse.
I take it merlins new .60 beta 2 is not working for you??
You have 2 of these 5300's in 2 locations ???

I take it merlins new .60 beta 2 is not working for you??
You have 2 of these 5300's in 2 locations ???
I have one for myself and I also convinced the coffee shop which I go to smoke hookah daily to get one as well. The Merlin Firmware Beta 2 is installed in the coffee shop but for me I am on the latest ASUS firmware as I didn't try the Merlin one on mine and I don't like the word BETA to be honest so I'll wait till it's finalized before I try it out.

Has the USB 3.0 storage improve since the review? I wonder why the performance is bad compared to the rt-ac88. They both use the same chip.

Ok what do you think about the Wave 2 stuff announced. Will Broadcom BCM4709C0KFEBG get certified also?

The BCM4709C0 is a CPU, it has no wifi capabilities, therefore there's nothing to certify there. The BCM4366 is the wifi chip.

The BCM4366 itself is certified, however, it's up to the vendors to roll out the updated firmware for the features on their schedule - usually takes some QA time and configuration management needs to do their side as well before a release can be made generally available.