What's new

Asus RT-AC66U - Android devices not auto connecting to 5Ghz N.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

S

sabesh

Greetings,

My first post here. I'm hoping to get some help regarding an odd issue: I have separate SSIDs for 2.4Ghz & 5GHz over 802.11N. My Android phones and tablet have no problem auto connecting via 2.4Ghz.

However, they won't auto connect to the SSID on 5Ghz: I have to manually connect them. Once the SSID on 5Ghz loses connection for whatever reason, it won't connect back to it (I have to manually connect again). Any ideas why this would happen? I'm running the latest firmware (.354).

No such issues with my iMac or Lenovo Thinkpad.

Thanks,

Sabesh.

Greetings,

My first post here. I'm hoping to get some help regarding an odd issue: I have separate SSIDs for 2.4Ghz & 5GHz over 802.11N. My Android phones and tablet have no problem auto connecting via 2.4Ghz.

However, they won't auto connect to the SSID on 5Ghz: I have to manually connect them. Once the SSID on 5Ghz loses connection for whatever reason, it won't connect back to it (I have to manually connect again). Any ideas why this would happen? I'm running the latest firmware (.354).

No such issues with my iMac or Lenovo Thinkpad.

Thanks,

Sabesh.

Check out the thread

http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?t=11568

long description of this problem.

Update: I've upgraded to the Galaxy Note 3 now. No issues auto connecting on 5G when control channel is set to "auto" now.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!