What's new

Asus RT-AC66U with openvpn client and pptp server at the same time

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ramraid

New Around Here
Hi

I have an Asus RT-AC66U with an openvpn client connected to HMA.

I am running Merlins great AsusWRT firmware version 3.0.0.4.376.47_0

I have managed to setup a custom script (wan-start) to exclude certain ports and hosts that i don't want to go via the VPN and that is working a treat. I also managed to get my plex server visible from the outside would with the same script

Last thing i would like to do is be able to have a pptp vpn server running at the same time so that i can access my home network for the outside world. However i can't access my wan ip while the vpn client is running to connect remotely

Once i get the pptp server working then maybe i will change to an openvpn server, but one step at a time.

I can connect to the PPTP vpn server and login from my LAN (using the wan IP) but not from the WAN

Can anyone help?

Cheers in advance

Last edited:
Actually the other post did not help me much

Does anyone have another suggestion?

Thanks

Dave

Hello, did you ever get this working? I am trying to do the same thing with an openvpn client and pptp server.

Thanks!

Hi

I have an Asus RT-AC66U with an openvpn client connected to HMA.

I am running Merlins great AsusWRT firmware version 3.0.0.4.376.47_0

I have managed to setup a custom script (wan-start) to exclude certain ports and hosts that i don't want to go via the VPN and that is working a treat. I also managed to get my plex server visible from the outside would with the same script

Last thing i would like to do is be able to have a pptp vpn server running at the same time so that i can access my home network for the outside world. However i can't access my wan ip while the vpn client is running to connect remotely

Once i get the pptp server working then maybe i will change to an openvpn server, but one step at a time.

I can connect to the PPTP vpn server and login from my LAN (using the wan IP) but not from the WAN

Can anyone help?

Cheers in advance
I don't recommend PPTP servers. they are old and not secure. Use OpenVPN server instead