What's new

Asus RT-AC68P USB 3.0 issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

treetrunk

Occasional Visitor
Hello folks,

I have an AC68P currently running the latest Merlin fw (384.4_2). I am trying to use a Sandisk Ultra Fit 64GB USB 3.0 flash drive as a network drive formatted as NTFS. I'm having the following 2 issues:
1. More often than not, when I plug in the drive into the USB 3.0 port, the router doesn't recognize the drive is plugged in. The LED on the front doesn't light up. The USB 2.0 port works fine with this drive, albeit slow speeds.
2. When the drive worked (no longer is recognized, see problem 1) in the USB 3.0 port, transfer speeds from my computer (on the 5GHz band) weren't any faster than what I get with the drive plugged into the USB 2.0 port. The link speed is 866Mbps down/up so I know the wireless connection isn't the issue and with the drive plugged into the computer's USB 3.0 port, I get transfer speeds that are about 3x what I get with the router.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have an older Kensington 16 GB 3.0 flash drive in my AC1900P 3.0 port with a FAT32 filesystem.
With a wired 1 GB connection, I get 60 MB/s read and 10 MB/s write.
I find I have to un-mount it before I reboot the router, or it gets corrupted.
I would try formatting it as FAT32 with Ridgecrop Consultants "FAT 32 Formatter" on a PC and see if this is betrter.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!