What's new

Asus RT-AC68U and Merlin fw 376.45 USB wan problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

artol

New Around Here
I am trying Merlin bulild because I have problems settings port forward to USB wan port. With Merlin firmware has problem that it does not seem to get working internet connection if I am using only one lan (USB). If it is in Dual Wan Failower mode (ethernet wan as primary), it seems to be working.

I have Huawei E3276 4G usb stick. It is not listed in Finnish Saunalahti but E372 seems to work as USB driver and gets seemingly reliable connection.

How I can check what is problem? Is is ok to let it dual wan mode although I am ony using one lan?

As far as I know, the only way to get the E3276 to work, is to use Dual WAN just as you've done. But, you will need the scripts mentioned in this thread, to get it to work with higher download speed than 20MHz. You probably need an 374.43 series fw too? With my ac66 the scripts don't work, so be glad you have the ac68.

Terveisin,
ceege

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!