What's new

asus rt-ac68u disconnecting from internet issues firmware 386.3_2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gio3535

New Around Here
having issues on almost a daily basis where i have to reboot router to reconnect to internet. i do not know if there is any settings i should change or if newer update will fix this. any help on this is greatly appreciated. everything is up to date asus rt-ac68u firmware 386.3_2

Do you have a connection via PPPoE?

If you have a problem with disconnecting the Internet, try what helped me (read the attached thread). Flash 384.19, factory reset, set your router, dirty upgrade to 386.
I wonder if it will help you like me ...

Last edited:
similar problem with 68u resolved here:

similar problem with 68u resolved here:

Read the thread I added above.

having issues on almost a daily basis where i have to reboot router to reconnect to internet. i do not know if there is any settings i should change or if newer update will fix this. any help on this is greatly appreciated. everything is up to date asus rt-ac68u firmware 386.3_2
I just configured an AirMesh, AC86U as main, and AC68U as a node. Both have been factory reset and upgraded to version 386.3_2. The node was disconnected from time to time.

I will try to downgrade to 384 and update.

I have the same experience with 2 different ASUS routers on the 386 version, RT-AX58U and RT-AX88U. WAN connection dropping often, sometimes it will hold for a few days and on some days it disconnects twice. A few firmware versions ago, I remember my RT-AC87U not needing a reset for months and months.....
I might try the stock firmware until a new beta or release version comes our way.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!