What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware 3.0.0.4.380.3264

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

qsyang

Occasional Visitor
ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware 3.0.0.4.380.3264
Releases note:
ASUS has been dedicated to cooperate with third party developers to come up with more innovative features.
To comply with regulatory amendments, we have modified firmware verification rule to ensure better firmware quality.
This version is not compatible with all previously released ASUS firmware and uncertified third party firmware.

Security Fixed
- Fixed Samba Badlock CVE-2016-2110 (Man in the middle attacks possible with NTLMSSP)
- Fixed Samba Badlock CVE-2016-2111 (NETLOGON Spoofing Vulnerability)
- ASUS firmware did not enable Samba LDAP, and not affected by CVE-2016-2112 (LDAP client and server don't enforce integrity) issue.
- The Samba version in ASUS firmware was not affected by
CVE-2016-2118 (SAMR and LSA man in the middle attacks possible)
- The Samba version in ASUS firmware was not affected by
CVE-2015-5370 (Multiple errors in DCE-RPC code)
- Fixed command injection issue. Thanks for Chris' contribution.
- Fixed XSS issue. Thanks for Chris' contribution.

Bug Fixed
- Fixed Windows Radius server compatibility issues.
- Fixed 5G performance issue when using bandwidth monitor.
- Fixed bandwidth monitor incorrect number problem.
- Fixed setup wizard redirect issue when router automatically changed LAN IP in IP conflict case.
- Modified setup wizard process when router detected DHCP and PPPoE at the same time.
- Fixed bandwidth limiter bug when there are multiple clients in rule list.
- Fixed NTP automatically sync issue when router rebooted
- Fixed Safari slow response issue.
- Enhance AiCloud dynamic stream port mechanism (please also keep AiCloud app up to date)
- Fixed AiCloud share link related issues.

http://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTAC68U/HelpDesk_Download/

Seems like all 3.0.0.4.380.3264 versions and forward are to be avoided?

Agree but at some point we will have to take the plunge. More then likely Merlin's next build will be based on the no go back code.

Hey, I'm newbie here. Why are you saying this?

Quoting from the first post:
ASUS has been dedicated to cooperate with third party developers to come up with more innovative features.
To comply with regulatory amendments, we have modified firmware verification rule to ensure better firmware quality.
This version is not compatible with all previously released ASUS firmware and uncertified third party firmware.
Also please look at http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-firmware-will-change-the-verification-method.32357/

Agree but at some point we will have to take the plunge. More then likely Merlin's next build will be based on the no go back code.

At some point, yes. Until then? Just asking for unnecessary trouble, imo.

RMerlin's builds are trusted around here (i.e. 'me') much more than Asus' own efforts. I think in the past two or three years only one Asus build worked better than RMerlin's firmware for me (and that was only until RMerlin released his based on that version, of course).

Because of the (unnecessary, imo) restrictions being placed within the firmware.

Thats only mean, if you installed 380.3264 and you having issues, you cant rollback to an older firmware.You must wait for a new one from Asus or Merlin

You can't roll back through the GUI as you will get the incompatible firmware message but you can roll back through the CFE miniWeb Server.

I just went from 3.0.0.4.380.3264 back to 9.0.0.4.380_2695 and from 3.0.0.4.380.3264 to 3.0.0.4.380.1842 as a test.

All worked just fine when going back to either firmware.

I think the firmware recovery tool may work too but I am done testing as I now know I have a way to go back if I need to.

I also took the plunge and upgraded to this firmware. I noticed that when I now go to the router IP in a web browser it now redirects me to http://router.asus.com instead.

Is there anyway to turn off this redirection?

The reason I ask is I no longer can save my username and password on the router.asus.com logon page. When I used to use the IP address logon my credentials were saved. Just a minor nuisance but I would prefer to just use my IP instead of being redirected.

I turned off HTTPS authentication and even tried nvram set web_redirect=0 without any success.

I also took the plunge and upgraded to this firmware. I noticed that when I now go to the router IP in a web browser it now redirects me to http://router.asus.com instead.

Is there anyway to turn off this redirection?

The reason I ask is I no longer can save my username and password on the router.asus.com logon page. When I used to use the IP address logon my credentials were saved. Just a minor nuisance but I would prefer to just use my IP instead of being redirected.

I turned off HTTPS authentication and even tried nvram set web_redirect=0 without any success.
You must have missed a few firmware versions.
The authentication method is changed many versions ago, mid 2015.
HTTP authentication and saving credentials is considered unsecure and dropped by many applications.

Hello,
after upgrading the Firmware to this version, my client list is empty when choosing the "View List".
Seems to be a Bug...
Can you confirm this on your devices as well?

Thanks
Stefan

upload_2016-5-15_15-13-23.png

Better hope that's the only problem there is no way to go back to any other firmware now. Your stuck until they release a new version unless you want to break out the unbrickimg software a deal with that.

A password manager like lastpass will still input username/password for you.

Personally I use KeePass with the webautotype plugin.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!