What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.5047

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Indeed no WOL. :-(
I'm trying al kind of combinations but it won't work.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

So I updated to 5047 on my ac68u. Reset the router and rebooted and then set my parameters all back again manually. All my devices except for my Windows 8.1 desktop connect just fine. The desktop works fine if I use a wired connection; but when I connect wirelessly, it connects, but typically with "limited" access. If it does connect to the internet, it is terribly slow. My laptop and phones connect wirelessly without problem. I disabled the firewall to see if that was issue - made no difference.

Any ideas?

Uninteresting changelog.

Will update tomorrow. Do we still need to factory reset after firmware upgrade?
It's high time we should be able to do without resets now.

Installed this on my 68 in AP mode, also no WOL but I use my N66u for that as it is the main router.

Power levels are good, you can see the signal jump when beamforming kicks in.

So I updated to 5047 on my ac68u. Reset the router and rebooted and then set my parameters all back again manually. All my devices except for my Windows 8.1 desktop connect just fine. The desktop works fine if I use a wired connection; but when I connect wirelessly, it connects, but typically with "limited" access. If it does connect to the internet, it is terribly slow. My laptop and phones connect wirelessly without problem. I disabled the firewall to see if that was issue - made no difference.

Any ideas?
Limited access means it's not getting an IP from the DHCP server. Try to forget/delete your wireless profile then reconnect manually.

I told Windows to forget all my wireless profiles. Reconnected to the router. Get 5 bars. Ipconfig shows I have a valid IP address (192.168.1.37). Network sharing center says I'm connected to the Internet. But just trying to go to google com either completely fails or comes back at a snails pace. Here are the results when I ping my laptop on the same network (and laptop is connected wirelessly and works fine as does my Galaxy S3 and Nexus 7 and HP Printer.
C:\Windows\system32>ping 192.168.1.102

Pinging 192.168.1.102 with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Reply from 192.168.1.102: bytes=32 time=29ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.102:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 1, Lost = 3 (75% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 29ms, Maximum = 29ms, Average = 29ms

C:\Windows\system32>ping 192.168.1.102

Pinging 192.168.1.102 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.102: bytes=32 time=709ms TTL=128
Reply from 192.168.1.102: bytes=32 time=4ms TTL=128
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.102:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 2, Lost = 2 (50% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 4ms, Maximum = 709ms, Average = 356ms

As workaround VPN and Wake on Lan on the phone works for the time being :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

But just trying to go to google com either completely fails or comes back at a snails pace.

Strange problem you got there. Are you using W8's wireless manager or some third party manager? Who's your wireless manufacturer? And do you have the wireless client's latest wireless drivers?

Last edited:
Strange problem you got there. Are you using W8's wireless manager or some third party manager? Who's your wireless manufacturer? And do you have the wireless client's latest wireless drivers?

Using plain vanilla Windows 8.1 wireless. Was working fine before the update. Checked my wifes laptop (also 8.1) and it's fine as is her iPhone. I cannot figure this out. The Dell desktop is on 2.4GHz, but so is the HP Printer, iPhone and wife's (ASUS) laptop. Galaxy S3, Nexus 7 and HP Laptop are all on 5GHz. And when I (as I am now) plug the desktop into a wired port (and nothing else changes), it works fine. In case you wonder why not just use a wired port, probably will, but normally have my Sprint Airave hooked up to the single wired port available in this room. Just ordered a 5 port switch from Amazon. Never the less, wood really like to figure this out.

I think Asus made changes to the beamforming feature in this firmware to improve speeds for non AC wireless clients according to the changelog. Is the problematic desktop using a non AC wireless? Maybe, try to enable/disable beamforming and see if the desktop gets happy.

I think Asus made changes to the beamforming feature in this firmware to improve speeds for non AC wireless clients according to the changelog. Is the problematic desktop using a non AC wireless? Maybe, try to enable/disable beamforming and see if the desktop gets happy.

Thanks! Was thinking this wouldn't go anywhere, but will try it anyway. An lo and behold it solved the problem. So, now the question is why? Desktop is 2.4GHz 802.11n. Is about 2 years old. My other 2.4 GHz N clients were working fine. System has a Broadcom chipset.

Just flashed this version. To early to tell but all my devices are working good no issues at this time. :)

Thanks! Was thinking this wouldn't go anywhere, but will try it anyway. An lo and behold it solved the problem. So, now the question is why? Desktop is 2.4GHz 802.11n. Is about 2 years old. My other 2.4 GHz N clients were working fine. System has a Broadcom chipset.

Great that you had it working! Now, the next thing to do is report your problem to Asus so they can have a fix. Your second thing to do is make sure you have the latest drivers for your Broadcom chipped wireless client, it might just what you needed to be able to use beamforming to your advantage.

astrill

will astrill applet work here or, do I have 2 wait for merlin to release his version of firmware to use it? TIA

Haven't noticed any difference with new beamforming option for 5ghz band, but only my phones use 5ghz band.

Second router is running Kong firmware, so the link between the two routers on 5ghz band has always been great.

Other then that, new firmware is working fine for me. But I don't use VPN or USB ports.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!