What's new

Release ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.51255

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Does this update apply to RT-AC68U V4 even though they said it was EOL?

The file size tells me it does. This file contains two firmware versions.

The story with the V4 is vague: the regular RT-AC68U support page does not exclude the V4 except that the V4 manual is no longer listed and as far as I know there is no separate support page for it in the "https://www.asus.com/supportonly" section of the ASUS website (like there is for the RT-N66U and others).

After this update my Mill smart panel heater in livingroom cant connect to wifi anymore. Tried factory reset heater but wont connect to wifi.
Everything else is functioning very good.

The story with the V4 is vague: the regular RT-AC68U support page does not exclude the V4 except that the V4 manual is no longer listed and as far as I know there is no separate support page for it in the "https://www.asus.com/supportonly" section of the ASUS website (like there is for the RT-N66U and others).

I can no longer find the RT-N66U under US Support(?). Last firmware I downloaded was FW_RT_N66U_300438252272.zip.

OE

My Dark Knight got a second life in my son's studio, where I thought it is safe as double NAT behind the network infrastructure they offer in his apartment building.
The Dark Knight suffers faded blue LED's, a broken power switch, and the plastic covers around the antenna base are broken (like I also recently noted on the antennas of my RT-AC68U), technically it still works well.

For the records: router RT-AC68U and media bridge RT-AC1900U running smooth since the upgrade to 3.0.0.4.386.51255.

I upgraded and did a factory reset with the "Restore" button. Reentered the wi-fi settings, same name and password. Non of my wireless devices would reconnect. 2 TP-Link cameras, 1 Roborock vac, 2 Aithings radon sensors, 3 android devices, 2 chromecasts, 2 sammy TV's. What a mess. Done hard reset and reconfigured the cameras. Lost everything. Radon sensors seem to have lost data and wouldn't connect to network unless I connected them to a new dummy network and then back again to the original. Airthings is poor when it comes to providing sensible error information, practically non-existing. Fixed ip or dhcp coluld also have been an isssue. Android had to "forget" the wifinetwork before reentering the same values again. Never ever press Restore button!!! Although it will give some new defaults that didn't exist in previous firmware version. I only pressed that damn button cause I saw some boot errors in the log.

I upgraded and did a factory reset with the "Restore" button. Reentered the wi-fi settings, same name and password. Non of my wireless devices would reconnect. 2 TP-Link cameras, 1 Roborock vac, 2 Aithings radon sensors, 3 android devices, 2 chromecasts, 2 sammy TV's. What a mess. Done hard reset and reconfigured the cameras. Lost everything. Radon sensors seem to have lost data and wouldn't connect to network unless I connected them to a new dummy network and then back again to the original. Airthings is poor when it comes to providing sensible error information, practically non-existing. Fixed ip or dhcp coluld also have been an isssue. Android had to "forget" the wifinetwork before reentering the same values again. Never ever press Restore button!!! Although it will give some new defaults that didn't exist in previous firmware version. I only pressed that damn button cause I saw some boot errors in the log.
i did "factory default" and have no problem with connection of all of my devices.

Why risk a factory reset on an update? These are just security updates now, not major updates. The idea that updates require a fresh start is getting old. Just read that some AMD video drivers caused unbootable computers if they chose the 'factory reset' option on the latest upgrade.

Is the send feedback page broken with this firmware. Wont work for me. AIMesh not totally stable with binding applied.

Is the send feedback page broken with this firmware. Wont work for me. AIMesh not totally stable with binding applied.
The ASUS feedback GUI in the router worked for me as I sent feedback regarding the MD5 of the firmware file not matching the website's listed MD5 hash.

I received a reply from ASUS support.

EDIT:

I always perform the following on the ASUS firmware.

Does anybody else's "Traffic Analyzer" -> "Statistic" populate/refresh slowly after the update? What used to be almost instantaneous is now either slowly populating or not populating until triggered by one of the pull-down options.

Hello folks

I have in total 4 Asus RT-AC68U routers running a mesh system using firmware. No problem so far but I have not done any tweaking since its very limited with the original firmware.... what are the pros and cons if I switch to Merlin firmware instead!? The latest RT-AC68U_386.10_beta1 . I really miss the "site survey" option and all the other extras you get with Merlin like AMTM... I can do more with the custom firmware but how about the mesh system!? Its central for this building three floors. The ISP speed is a fiberlink at 500mbit really fast and works fine if someone watch Netflix in 4k and someone else is playing a game online. I have not done ANY tweaks or changes... for that I need Merlin. I am expert so for me its no big deal to flash Merlin... so tell me what should I do or give me some pro's and con's. Thanks!!

I can do more with the custom firmware but how about the mesh system!?

If you want stable AiMesh - stick to stock Asuswrt on all routers.

Stock Asus firmware isn't required or needed for stable AiMesh performance. All the networks I set up are using RMerlin firmware on all main/primary routers and on any/all AiMesh nodes that are needed on those networks.

Don't speak of things you don't know of. Your negative attitude towards RMerlin firmware and Asus hardware is exhausting.

Anyone had probs with this firmware after a factory (WPS) reset and some of the apply buttons. Did a WPS reset then basic config and added an AIMesh node all good. Came to change WiFi channels and hit apply in Firefox latest and nothing. Tried several other pages and again the apply button does not work. Works in MS Edge browser and chrome just not firefox for me.

Browser related issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!