What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U rebooting on it's own.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random Reboot 3.0.0.4.374.4561

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.4561

Until now it seems to work changing these parameters under wireless Professional.
Preamble type setting from both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz to short instead of long.

No reboots since I changed it.

Current uptime: 3 days 9 hours 13 minutes 42 seconds

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.4561

Until now it seems to work changing these parameters under wireless Professional.
Preamble type setting from both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz to short instead of long.

No reboots since I changed it.

Current uptime: 3 days 9 hours 13 minutes 42 seconds

Instead of fiddling with parameters, install the beta 4887 firmware.

Success is guaranteed. :D

Firmware upgrade not working

Tried upgrading to FW_RT_AC68U_30043744887 but just keeps saying:

"Firmware upgrade unsuccessfully. It may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again"

(Their English could be improved)

I let the router check but it hangs on downloading....

ANyone else having this issue ?

Dave

Tried upgrading to FW_RT_AC68U_30043744887 but just keeps saying:

"Firmware upgrade unsuccessfully. It may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again"

(Their English could be improved)

I let the router check but it hangs on downloading....

ANyone else having this issue ?

Dave

Quite often caused by the router running out of free memory. Reboot your router without any USB disk plugged in, and try again upgrading. That usually does the trick.

I changed the Preamble parameter but it didn't work for me : I got my daily reboot. :(

I'm trying the .4487 beta fw right now, full of hope. :)

On v. 4561

I've been having this problem since I set up the ac68u 3 days ago. Has this been fixed in v. 5047?

Is the firmware download page not showing anything for anyone else right now?

The ASUS website is working, but the "networking" page where I downloaded the latest firmware update a few days ago is not loading anything at the moment.

Is the firmware download page not showing anything for anyone else right now?

The ASUS website is working, but the "networking" page where I downloaded the latest firmware update a few days ago is not loading anything at the moment.

Their website often suffers from weird issues. Those issues aren't always visible to everyone since they often affect only some specific servers in their web cluster.

Try using the support site for a different country, or try again a bit later once they might have resolved the issue.

Thanks. The site is back up and running.
I will also confirm that 5047 does not have any "automatic rebooting" problem.

Last edited:
I'll go ahead and lock this topic, since the specific reboot issue this thread was about has been resolved since 3.0.0.4.374_4887, and now it's starting to veer completely off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!