What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Version 3.0.0.4.380.1031

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi vaszago,
So you can't use repeater mode in RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.1031? Please give me 3~4 days to check what happened.
If possible, please define what problem you encounter, ex. can't change into repeater mode / stuck in setting page etc.
"Repeater Modus does not work in this version again." => If more information or define what you face, we can understand how to debug or fix.

Thanks,
Vanic

Thanks

On AC68U i can aktivate the Repeater mode. The AC68U is connecting with the AC87U on 5GHZ channel 112 and the the connection is stable. But the AC68U does not assign addresses to the clients. The client can't connect and get no ip. On Wireless and Lan. If I forgive the client a fixed IP address i can connect and i have internet.
I think a DHCP problem. I have testet with latest firmware.

I hope that is enough information

On AC68U is last working 378.4585 or Merlin 378.54_1
On AC87 is the latest Merlin.

@vanic

Have you make some test with the repeater mode.
Is there a bug?
Or are my settings corrupt

Count me in - neither my Sony BD Player nor Xperia Z2 Tablet was able to access the internet via 2.4GHz band with this firmware. IIRC, they were getting a DHCP lease but the DNS queries failed (don't quote me on that one, though).
NAT acceleration when disabled manually breaks the 2.4GHz band. Reproducible by just disabling "NAT Acceleration".

NAT acceleration when disabled manually breaks the 2.4GHz band. Reproducible by just disabling "NAT Acceleration".
Thank you, good to know. Only I haven't disabled it manually. I use "Traditional QoS" which disables CTF and FA automatically. Definitely a bug in my opinion.

Did CPUs graph work correctly with this version on AC68U or its still showing no activity because FA is enable
Two last firmware cpus shows nothing even with massive download.
You only downloading things? Do you enable other functions?

Hello ASUS_ASUSWRT,
When I do MAC and IP Address binding to a connecting client, my 68U disconnects ALL clients and logs me out of WebUI? Clients then have to reconnect. I've seeing this with both 3.0.0.4.378.9313 and 3.0.0.4.380.1031. Just wonder if this behavior is expected.

Hello ASUS_ASUSWRT,
When I do MAC and IP Address binding to a connecting client, my 68U disconnects ALL clients and logs me out of WebUI? Clients then have to reconnect. I've seeing this with both 3.0.0.4.378.9313 and 3.0.0.4.380.1031. Just wonder if this behavior is expected.
Yes, it's normal because of restarting service net_and_phy.

Thanks,
Vanic

Does this issue still happen with couldcheck app? Thanks.

It happens without using the cloudcheck app.
- Any version, greater than 378.4585 has the bug were it kills the DMA2100 devices. No cloudcheck app needed to cause the issue.
- If you use version 378.4585, it works fine until you try the cloudcheck app. After you use the cloudcheck app, then 378.4585 kills the DMA2100S. You have to re-install the firmware to clear the issue.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting my 6rd tunnel to work right with this firmware. It won't hand out IPv6 addresses to local clients most times, and when it does it doesn't seem to pass traffic to or from the IPv6 tunnel. This is using my ISP supplied 6rd config. Cleared NVRAM didn't fix the issue.

Over a month has passed and 380 is still listed as the latest official release. Are they really cool with people having to choose between having QoS enabled and a working 2.4 GHz band? Doesn't instill a lot of confidence...

I had issues with this version. It would drop all clients on the 5ghz band. All clients could not rejoin the network until I rebooted the router, then everything was fine and they reconnected automatically.