What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U "Web History" size < ~5 minutes?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Atreides Modi

Occasional Visitor
Have around 35 devices attached to router. The "Web History" tab under Adaptive QOS only retains around 40-45 records per client of history. I've messed with every setting to no avail. This exhibited itself both on the latest ASUS firmware as well as the latest Merlin firmware.

I've set up a USB drive and directed the Traffic History there (yep, have the training / on path). In any event, I unclear where through the GUI to view the "Traffic History" (enabled all IP traffic tracking).

Anyone else encounter this (or can shed light on what I am seeing)?

Web History and IPTraffic are totally unrelated. Web History is based on the closed-source Trend Micro engine, while IPTraffic is based on the iptables ipt_account module.

You can't control anything related to Web History (and neither can I).

Thanks for the quick response.

Is my experience with "Web History" the norm (yours)? Seems awful wonky to call history for an IP the last 10 minutes of activity.

Silly question - is there a GUI view of the Traffic History; or is it file level view only?

Thanks for the quick response.

Is my experience with "Web History" the norm (yours)? Seems awful wonky to call history for an IP the last 10 minutes of activity.

Silly question - is there a GUI view of the Traffic History; or is it file level view only?

It's not limited in time but in the number of entries.

The traffic monitor and IPTraffic (not sure which of these two you are calling Traffic History) is visible from the webui only.

The traffic monitor and IPTraffic (not sure which of these two you are calling Traffic History) is visible from the webui only.

Sorry to resurrect this post, but I cannot find where IPTraffic is visible in the webui.

Is there anyway possible on factory firmware or merlin to log actual urls? Scripting or any other way? Would it be possible to log IP's and then do dns lookup? Just looking for anyway to have a historical web browsing history?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!