What's new

Release ASUS RT-AC86U 3.0.0.4.386.45956 2021/11/25

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I think this update even dropped mine a few degrees, down to an icy: curr_cpuTemp = "54.721"

it was 56 or so a few days before the update. (small usb fan blowing in it's general direction)

At this rate I just might have to run a defrost cycle on it soon before the vents ice over. ;)

I just don't understand why all security features are disabled when using dual wan in load balancing. This has been a pain since day 1.

Adguard DNS via DoT is broken in this firmware it would appear.
DoT using any other compatible server works fine.:(

Adguard DNS via DoT is broken in this firmware

AdGuard folks are making some changes. I used to have local AdGuard servers, all gone. One server in USA is showing up. Wait for them to fix it.

Can You put here sreen with working DoT configuration ?

To AdGuard or in general? I don't know if AdGuard DoT servers are up.

RT-AC86U currently running Asuswrt-Merlin alpha4, but flashed on top of Asuswrt 45956 without reset.
DoT to Google example, working in both firmware versions. Also tested with DoT to Cloudflare and CleanBrowsing.

Untitled_121.png

DoT to known AdGuard servers fails on both Asuswrt and Asuswrt-Merlin. Must be AdGuard issue.

Hi, So far, how's the firmware? Any issue with this firmware?

Seems ok. Save your current firmware configuration to file so that you can easily revert to that firmware if for some reason you need or want to.

OE

Does anyone know any website where DoT security can be tested?

Hi, So far, how's the firmware? Any issue with this firmware?

It uses less RAM. The previous firmware with all TrendMicro components enabled had about 120MB RAM left after boot. This one has 145MB left.

Does anyone know any website where DoT security can be tested?

Cloudflare, but only if DoT to Cloudflare is used:

any site for google dns ?

I don't know a test site, but it's working. The routers I test are in double NAT behind my pfSense firewall. I can see DoT on port 853.

Back to my trusty AC86U (returned AX86U with random reboots) Firmware is as good as previous as i had my AC86U running for 7 months straight.

Updated to this firmware and could no longer connect to my FIOS ONT. Reset everything a few times to no avail and I reverted back to 44470 and everything is fine again. I expected to see a lot of complaints here, but not so. It was a dirty flash, so maybe that was the cause. It was my daughter's router/house so maybe I'll try again when I have more time and fewer nasty stares.

i updated my 86U and work ok, was no problem with connect to ZTE ONT. After update i make factory default becouse i always do that after update.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!