What's new

ASUS RT-AC86U firmware release 3.0.0.4.384.45713

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Anyone know if with this firmware has implemented the triple vlan for movistar tv?

Doesn't seem to be included in these changes listed. But I do remember other '713 firmware fixing that specific issue. Maybe it is here too, but just not listed?

I wonder if it is common for 5GHz legacy client devices to support DFS channels.

Given my brief experience with DFS today, I'd answer, 'no'.

My 2013 Nexus 7 tablet (my WiFi analyzer tool) could not see a 5 GHz signal. And, my Chromecast2 dongle would only connect to the 2.4 GHz signal. Anxious to 'see' the 5 GHz radio again, I reverted to not including DFS channels... and everything was happy again.

I do recall that her Nexus 5x phone was able to connect to a 5 GHz signal... I'm pretty sure it was a DFS channel.

OE

OK folks. Someone with Trend Micro services enabled (Adaptive QoS or AIProtection) needs to please try this firmware and see if the "dcd" kernel fault error message is still happening, or if it's been resolved by Asus.

Please? Pretty please? :p :)

I'm not seeing a messy Log.

I'm going to go out on the limb and say, try it, you'll like it!

OE

This asus firmware is flooding me with alerts about garbage! I monitor for all high severity events via syslog. This firmware considers these silly "acsd: scan in progress" messages as Emergency! WTF! That is crazy terrible. I've gotten 100 email alerts since upgrading an hour ago. What idiots!

y60Bpxv.png

Last edited:
hmm..... my 86u is loosing 5GHz band. I have must rebot router to start 5GHz work ok for a few times and again gone

AIProtection email notifications still not work after router restart (some asus engineers say that router cant restore password after restart)

hmm..... my 86u is loosing 5GHz band. I have must rebot router to start 5GHz work ok for a few times and again gone

I'm not seeing that issue. If I did, I'd re-install and hope its not a hardware issue that persists.

OE

Another 2xRT-AC86U AiMesh test success...

A wireless PC connected at 866 to the wireless node successfully repeated multiple 100/10 nominal speedtest.net runs without the 866 link rate speed sagging while a Chromecast2 dongle connected at 433 to the router streamed TuneIn and a PC wired at 1 Gbps to the router was backing up to a USB 3.0 WD BLK SATA3 HDD connected to the router.

(Backup stats:
Total backup time: 2 hours, 56 minutes, 13 seconds
Backup done. Errors: 0. Processed files: 63472. Backed up files: 62644. Total size: 117.71 GB)

OE

Switched from Merlin to Asus official 3.0.0.4.384_45713 and no issues at all so far, I like it.
Reset to factory default first, reboot......

Finally stable Network Map, so nice!

Flash first, then reset to factory defaults, then reboot, correct? :)

Well, I reset to factory first and then uploaded the new firmware, then rebooted, so complicated...
I usually get it wrong but it still works :)

Flashed over Merlin. No reset needed. Perfecto!

Keep using it as long as it works! :)

But if any bugs start appearing, performing a flash first and then doing a full reset to factory defaults (remember to check the box that says 'Initialize all settings...' too) followed by a minimal and manual configuration (do not restore a saved backup config file!) to get your router to a good/known state. :)

Well, I reset to factory first and then uploaded the new firmware, then rebooted, so complicated...
I usually get it wrong but it still works :)

Factory default reset is explained here.

The factory defaults come from the current firmware, so you must install the new firmware first and then perform a reset to install its defaults. A reset includes an automatic reboot.

Given the history of recent ASUS firmware issues, and the hope that this release is SOLID, you should reset and reconfigure now. I suggest the webUI restore/reset with initialization to purge logged date also.

OE

I hope this fixed the issues with the 2.4 GHz channel. I have 3 asus routers. 2 86U's and one 3100. the 3100 and one of the 86's are running as a mesh node and the 3100 is always rock stable. For some reason though, my wireless devices connected to the 86U will always get disconnected and the only way to fix it is a hard reboot on the 86U mesh router....Hope this is fixed?

I hope this fixed the issues with the 2.4 GHz channel. I have 3 asus routers. 2 86U's and one 3100. the 3100 and one of the 86's are running as a mesh node and the 3100 is always rock stable. For some reason though, my wireless devices connected to the 86U will always get disconnected and the only way to fix it is a hard reboot on the 86U mesh router....Hope this is fixed?

If it doesn't, then I would suspect the 2.4 GHz radio hardware.

OE

If it doesn't, then I would suspect the 2.4 GHz radio hardware.

OE
Yeh...been concerned that this was the issue. Bought my 86U's back when they first launched in 2017. Funny thing is that the 86U running as the main router has been running like a champ. I hope this firmware fixes the issue.

Yeh...been concerned that this was the issue. Bought my 86U's back when they first launched in 2017. Funny thing is that the 86U running as the main router has been running like a champ. I hope this firmware fixes the issue.

Early builds could be suspect builds.

One build working ok could rule out ambient radio interference.

If a wired backhaul to the troubled 86U node, have you tried a different cable or wireless backhaul?

OE

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!