What's new

ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_81049

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

skip it.

I have just done a factory reset, but so far I would say, `skip it`

#edit: forgot the just.

So is the final answer that 81049 is ok? Or skip it?
I think it depends really, if you're running a mesh then use it. if not then skip it.

81049 is missing one kernel patch that may cause stability issues with it. My 384.14 beta release won't suffer from that specific issue since I already have the missing patch.

Can't speak about wifi itself however. So far it's the same as with every single release: works fine for most, a few users claim it's completely broken their wifi. Nothing new there...

Hi guys any info when 81351 will hit rt86u and is it going to be better than unusable 81049 ?

81049 works great for me for months, not seeing a good reason not to update to the latest firmware, that applies to all electronics in my case, each case may be different of course...

81049 is a buggy fw. For me not work good.
81351 in my node work better than 81049 (68u)

Recently noticed that the process <acsd> heavily loads the router processor.
KkWTiAx.png

HKZgyVf.png
If the router is rebooted, then for some time there is no load, but then again the <acsd> process begins to load the processor.

81049 is buggy, so we neet wait for new fw.

is it normal for ram usage to just keep increasing? after a restart i can see about 150 MBs free and now after five days of running i'm at 97 MB.

Do you guys have a beta firmware? I kept disconnecting with my wireless, downgraded to 45717 and now can't connect at all on wireless. Please.. need help here.