What's new

ASUS RT-AC87 Firmware - Official Releases

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Installed 5134 and noticed "flaky" 5GHz behavior - weaker signal and random drops.
I went back to 4950 and it went back to normal.
RE-installed 5134 - same flaky behavior.
I went back to 4950 and there it will stay, until Asus comes out with a replacement for 5134.

This exactly my experience with 5134. I will also wait for the next FW release and happily stay with 4950 which is has been very consistent and stable.

How strange that these discrepancies can exist with the same router hardware and firmwares. You would expect similar operation but clearly that is not the case. Strange.

I agree this is strange but, I installed 5134 twice. Both with resets and both installations were slower than 4950.

I'm back running 4950 and as I mentioned, 5Ghz is more stable, quicker and range is better. I'm in no rush to update to 5134.

How strange that these discrepancies can exist with the same router hardware and firmwares. You would expect similar operation but clearly that is not the case. Strange.

Different environment and clients. That's why troubleshooting Wifi sucks, because there are just too many variables involved.

True. It is just funny how differently my router works if nothing else changes except the firmware. The coding must be a veritable spiders nest of possible issues that are dependent on complex environmental aspects. In any event, for me, 4950 seems to work the best so far so I will use it until the successor to 5134 comes around.

Using latest 5134 and rock solid stable performance since update and hw reset. Before 3 times a week randommdisconnection on iphone 5s and ipad air 2. Only router reboot helped. I hope with future updates it gets only better & better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree this is strange but, I installed 5134 twice. Both with resets and both installations were slower than 4950.

I'm back running 4950 and as I mentioned, 5Ghz is more stable, quicker and range is better. I'm in no rush to update to 5134.
I am on 5134 on my AC87R and it has been very stable. However, 4950 was also stable for me and I can honestly say that I have not noticed any differences in performance between the two versions.

Compared to my R7000, AC87 has been disappointing. I can't achieve similar signal strength. Do you guys, have any tweak to put it to talk louder?!

From ASUS@SG

Dear all,

Upcoming there is a new SDK driver update which improves the router

The SDK driver will be released ETA - end of May/June 2015.

I believe the new wireless driver will improve RT-AC87U performance and enable features.

Meanwhile, let us resolve the bug.

Best regard,
JK

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/93832722-post3357.html

Last edited:
From ASUS@SG

Dear all,

I will be releasing another beta firmware for RT-AC87U. This firmware contains a lot of fix bugs and improvement.

RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_378_5556-Unofficial Beta Firmware
------------------------------------------------------
Update dnsmasq to v2.73rc4-1
Update to brcm sdk 6.37.14.105
Update support Territory code
Update [IPTV] Add Meo profile for RT-AC87U
Update User interface
Fix GUI bug
Fix 5G WPS pincode 12345670 issue
Fix NAT loopback issue
Fix [dualwan] disable 3rd 5G guest network and wan2 used its mac address
Fix dead loop message only for vlanX case
Fix Traffic Monitor can not display correctly on Wired traffic
Fix [Adaptive QoS] WAN is DHCP Traffic Monitor can not display the WAN Download / Upload flow correctly
Fix [Adaptive QoS] [Traffic Monitor issue] Traffic Monitor "Wired" is not displayed correctly flow (WAN, wireless normal)
Fix [Traffic Monitor] Traffic Monitor without any display.
Fix [Administration] Save Profile check Transfer ASUS DDNS name leads to abnormal profiles
Fix [Wireless] happened some time after power 5GHz disappearance could not connect
Fix [Administration] in the presence of some settings can not successfully update the firmware

Important Notice:
Require hard reset.
Do not restore configure settings due to driver update.

Download: http://goo.gl/ZQByAz

Please feedback to me.

Best regard,
JK

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/93839023-post3368.html

Link seems broken...

RMB and save as....
Tried that too, but link was timing out for me.
Anyway Oric1 sent me the file [emoji51]

Replied through TapaTalk

Having to hard reset every other update and setup from scratch is a killer. Ughhh just venting.
Yes, agree. But I do it even when it's not required... :p (I don't know why a voice on my head told me to each time)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!