What's new

ASUS RT-AC87 Firmware - Official Releases

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Using the latest Asus firmware 3.0.0.4.378_4608 and everything is running good. Did the recommended reset from the GUI and 4 days now without reboot with 12 clients of all types, Ai Protection, QOS, Download Master etc. running full blast no slowdown, no drops, gaming running wild, beats the pants off Merlin's existing firmware. I rather think Asus is silently improving its firmware while incorporating Merlin's fixes. All the way with official Asus firmware - Beta or otherwise ;o)

Hey guys thanks for the reminder of how to reset my router. I downloaded this new beta FW, man it was causing issues major issues with my wifi??

Yeap, same experience. Very solid and all is working perfectly fine. Hopefully soon it will become official.

I only find the inability to turn off WPS permanently (manually turning ON/OFF WPS at each reboot of the router) a bit disturbing as it is a security risk due to the inehent flaws in the WPS design.

Hey guys thanks for the reminder of how to reset my router. I downloaded this new beta FW, man it was causing issues major issues with my wifi?? I inputted all my settings manually and just could not get it to work like the old FW that I had which was, Asus 3.0.0.4.378.3885. Well decided to install Mr.Merlins FW 3.0.0.4.378.51_0, every thing is now working like before, no issues with wifi and no lag on y pc & ps4 gaming. Its werid that I tried a new FW and it gave me issues but if I go with Merlins FW all is good. I use this router for the range and basic internet, not into using alot of the extra features it has.

Well thanks for your help guys.
Did you turn beamforming on when using the beta?

By default, beamforming was disabled in the beta --ASUS did this intentionally. People who turned it back on were reporting choppy WiFi and/or issues with Apple devices connecting. Turning off beamforming resolved issues for most of them.

Thought to revive my AC87U with latest firmware, after a couple of months biting dust, and have to admit that things are much more stable with this latest beta 4608. Uptime now 3 days and no serious issues encountered so far. Some experiences I want to share:

1. had to enable adaptive QOS to be able to use a smooth YouTube on Ipad 3. Without QOS; choppy. Weird, considering the 500mbps sync. connection I have.
2. Isolated guest still does not work on 5Ghz; full intranet visible.
3. CPU spikes to 70% when doing heavy downloads. But still able to deal with full ISP bandwidth. Probably due to QOS.

Not bad, not bad at all. But still waiting for the Asus' promised 1Q2015' MU-MIMO feature.

Update: 1. Disabled Qos and YouTube seems fine now. give me some days to test.
Update: 2. Still rocking. This maybe it. But 5g Guest issue remains.

Last edited:
Hey guys quick question for you. So I have been having major issues with my AC-87, so I decided to go get a new one at bestbuy, I bought insurence for it so no issues for returning it.

Well I updated to ASUS FW 3.0.0.4.378.4376, everything was going fine until I changed the password and stuff. I always used chrome with my desktop and never had a issue using this router with it. Well for some reason now I cant log into the router using the name and password I created for it????

If I use IE 11 no issues at all, very weird, I uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled it and still cant access the GUI, any ideas guys????

Hey guys quick question for you. So I have been having major issues with my AC-87, so I decided to go get a new one at bestbuy, I bought insurence for it so no issues for returning it.

Well I updated to ASUS FW 3.0.0.4.378.4376, everything was going fine until I changed the password and stuff. I always used chrome with my desktop and never had a issue using this router with it. Well for some reason now I cant log into the router using the name and password I created for it????

If I use IE 11 no issues at all, very weird, I uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled it and still cant access the GUI, any ideas guys????

Have you tried FF. Maybe Chrome is hiding a cache somewhere? Or you have a plugin running? I ran Chrome just now and logged in without a problem to the latest firmware. Did you fully log out the last time you logged in with Chrome?

I uninstalled chrone and reinstalled it, and it works fine now. Kinda of weird I guess.

Thanks for the help.

I wonder when an updated official firmware with the new driver will be released. 2769 still shows as the latest official current firmware. I'm hopeful, especially that, once finalized, it will play nice with Apple products.

I wonder when an updated official firmware with the new driver will be released. 2769 still shows as the latest official current firmware. I'm hopeful, especially that, once finalized, it will play nice with Apple products.
Never use the webUI to check for latest firmware on ac87u.. Its still broken as of now..

Never use the webUI to check for latest firmware on ac87u.. Its still broken as of now..

Never use the gui to check for updates, period. :)

My upload speeds are fine running 4608. im rated at 25Mb and im getting 29.14Mb, so nothing wrong here.

Eh hem. Pardon me. Let me just put on my dunce cap...and sit over here in the corner...for a while, maybe a long while

It's not broken, it's because it uses a different repo than the asus support site

Replied through Tapatalk

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!