What's new

ASUS RT-AC87 Firmware - Official Releases

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Has anyone tried doing a reset to factory defaults with new ssid's too? Maybe the older microcode is causing the issues?

Is it possible to get notified as the new releases come out? (the AiCloud app notification doesn't work)!
I'd really appreciate any help :)

@Jong
I know but that's not what I meant. I need to get notified by email for example instead of checking the forum every day and forever!

Asus's support site offers RSS Feeds - or at least they used to. I used to monitor through RSS a few years ago, but stopped because their feed was too quirky (same entries kept being re-published).

Hey guys,

I have been monitoring this thread for a while. It seems the routers with this Quantenna chip are having some of the similar issues, and I have a Netgear R7500, which like this one, is producing massive battery drain on Android devices on 5GHz. Can anyone tell if this latest firmware fixes that? Sneaky Netgear appears to have released a R7500v2 without the Quantenna mess, but hopefully we can also get a firmware update soon.

Hey guys,

I have been monitoring this thread for a while. It seems the routers with this Quantenna chip are having some of the similar issues, and I have a Netgear R7500, which like this one, is producing massive battery drain on Android devices on 5GHz. Can anyone tell if this latest firmware fixes that? Sneaky Netgear appears to have released a R7500v2 without the Quantenna mess, but hopefully we can also get a firmware update soon.
Well, with the latest beta under 380_xxx the battery drain seems fixed. In my case my android devuces went from 26% loss on idle to just 7% on 5ghz band (on 2.4ghz I have 5-6% loss)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Great news. Maybe we can use android devices again on 5GHz :)

I cant wait for the new firmware. I read it wont fix battery drain 100% until quantenna release new drivers. I *think* 9313 fixed my disconnecting issues with 5ghz, but I cant test it properly right now, because I am using wired where I am at the moment. However, I got to test it for one hour with n66u as bridge and pingplotter did not show any packet loss... Which usually happened every 30 secs.

Another thing thats not a big deal is the boot time of the router, but I still wish they could improve that.

I know MU-MIMO was recently turned on in I think firmware 9177. My question is though does it work with the RT-AC87 in Bridge Mode as well? I ask because my RT-AC5300 arrives in 2 days and I want to downgrade my 87 to a media Bridge (replacing my 56U)

I know MU-MIMO was recently turned on in I think firmware 9177. My question is though does it work with the RT-AC87 in Bridge Mode as well? I ask because my RT-AC5300 arrives in 2 days and I want to downgrade my 87 to a media Bridge (replacing my 56U)

MU-MIMO makes no sense at all in a bridge. It's intended to allow two or more MU-MIMO devices to connect together with improved simultaneous throughput.

MU-MIMO makes no sense at all in a bridge. It's intended to allow two or more MU-MIMO devices to connect together with improved simultaneous throughput.

Why doesn't it? Isn't it viewed by the Router it's connecting to as a single client just like any other client? If I have a network of 20 clients and lets say all those clients are MU-MIMO enabled my Bridge doesn't get the benefit of MU-MIMO ? Or is that where my line of thinking is wrong. I naturally assume the router see it as just another client.

Why doesn't it? Isn't it viewed by the Router it's connecting to as a single client just like any other client? If I have a network of 20 clients and lets say all those clients are MU-MIMO enabled my Bridge doesn't get the benefit of MU-MIMO ? Or is that where my line of thinking is wrong. I naturally assume the router see it as just another client.

When in bridged mode, there's always just a single connection between the two routers. MU-0MIMO only affects the connection between the clients and the AP to which they are associated.

Anyone knows why I get this error message?

skarmavbild-2015-11-27-kl-16-30-47.png

I have tried redownload the file on both Win & Mac and used different unpacking programs. No luck.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!